Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Deatschwerks fuel pump info

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  ctsv154 
#1 ·
Ive been waiting to post the results until I did the install and had pics but it seems like Im never going to finish so here ya go for the fuel pump

I recently sent a stock fuel pickup assembly from our cars to Deatschwerks for install and flow testing of their DW301 pump. As noted by Chris in his email to me, Our stock fuel pump assembly has an internal restriction but it does allow more flow if you increase the voltage. Our stock CTS-V pump really dies out when it has a load put on it. This explains why I was running out of fuel when tuned with just LTs and an intake. I chose the Deatschwerks pump because it tends to respond well to higher voltage
Chris said that at 16V the pump flowed almost 300 lph at 56psi. I will be running the Racetronix harness and a BAP so this should be fine for my needs.
Im limiting my build to 600WHP so this should be more than adequate for my needs. Let me know if you have any questions.
The pump is a direct replacement although you will need the fuel line from racetronix. If you want you can send your unit to Deatschwerks for assembly, they charge like $69 plus the pump for install. I attached the PDF with his flow bench results

Attachments

#2 ·
Is that just a rebranded denso/kyosan pump that racetronix sells ?

Curious.

#4 · (Edited)
I dont think so. Its a Deatschwerks DW300 pump that they make. It sells for like 169. It has had great success with the import guys. I came across it as an option back when I was searching for my fuel solution while planning this project. I called Chris and discussed it with him and he asked me to send him an assembly that I bought off of GulfM3 for testing and fitment. This is the article I read that turned me on to it. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/bol...k-fuel-pump-testing-review-maperformance.html

Unfortunately our fuel pump assembly ...as it sits... restricts the hell out of our flow and limits an awesome pump. Now if your interested in looking at how we can find the restriction in our assembly design and remove it. Im all for that as I have it sitting on my desk right now. I can take a bunch of pics and we can post them up if you like. We might even be able to get Chris to flow test it for us if we find the restriction to get a comparison. I dont need this assembly for my build just the
new Deatschwerks pump thats in it. Im willing to donate this assembly to the cause if you guys want to help me figure out the mods to it.

----------

Just curious as Im not used to posting pics. Can I add them to the post directly or do I have to use some photo bucket url?

#3 ·
Hmm.... This peaks my interest. I just bought a used bucket for 75 so I could experiment.

#5 ·
Photo bucket is what I do and it works great. I'm all in for pics and I as soon as I get my bucket we can mess around with it too.

#6 · (Edited)
I resurrected my photobucket account and am uploading pics now. I sent some to your email addy ctsv154. I have to go watch a movie with the wife and kids but Ill upload the pics when Im done. Ill need to take some more pics as Ive found some more stuff in the assembly that doesnt make sense...like the pinhole return after the FPR

----------

----------

Front of assembly. The primary inlet is behind the FPR by my thumb. The inlet in the middle is for the remote pickup. The venturi is to the side of it and suction for the venturi is created by the flow from the pump to the fuel line

This is the rear view with the bottom of the bucket off. you can see the line coming out of the fuel pump. this line has to be replaced when installing a new pump. BTW anyone gets a PN for the sock, you get a cookie.

the top three are all views of the remote pickup and venturi. I think the venturi is our restriction. I still havent figured out where the remote pickup discharges

these two are pics of the dissasembled unit

The top three are pics of the check valve for the primary inlet. I assume this keeps fuel in the bucket when the tank gets low

Pick of the top of the Deatschwerks pump installed

front of assembly. the FPR is a killer. It hangs of of the return from the Fuel filter. the discharge from the FPR is into the primary inlet and is a pinhole.

Im wondering what would happen if the FPR was removed and an actual return with boost controlled FPR was installed upstream.

#8 · (Edited)
I got my pump bucket and it looks good. I just can believe how small it is. The Venturi pick up dumps into the top of the bucket. Where the hose attaches, unclip the Venturi assembly and it has a nipple that slides in the top of the bucket. This is where it dumps the fuel it picks up.

Found these pics online. Might be able to use a 255 or 285 in the stock bucket with the Venturi to keep the bucket full and then add another 255 or 285 on the other sending unit on a hobbs switch. I don't see why that wouldn't work. This guy did it!

----------

Wonder how big out stock fuel line is? I wonder why we can't ditch the fuel pressure regulator on the pump and add an adjustable higher flowing unit after the filter under the car. It would be a pain in the ass to adjust but would keep from running a new return from the engine bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.