Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Where do I find / buy Magnaflow high flow cats for my V1

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  V for victory 
#1 ·
Ok, I know this is probably been beat to death over the years and have read countless threads without finding a retailer who sells the high flow cats. I am installing the Magnaflow full system ( 16637 ) today on my 07V1, after reading some discussions I want to also add the high flow direct bolt in cats to this system using my OEM manifolds. I have seen pictures and read great things but cant find where to purchase them. Any help would be appreciated..:worship:

#2 ·
My reading of the online Magnaflow catalog indicates no direct bolt on high-flow cats for a V1. I believe most of the dicussions here regarding Magnaflow high-flow cats involved those that are part of the header connect-pipes that are used to link headers with catbacks. Magnoflow makes the high-flow cats used by many of the header connect-pipe manufacturers.

Magnaflow does make a number of "universal" units that could be adapted.

Finally, Random Technology does make some bolt-on units for 2004-2005 V1s that I think can be used for the 2006-2007 V1s (some suppliers don't include the later models even though the parts still work). The Random Techs however, are high-quality units and sell for $365 each.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Well just got back from my buddies shop and the Magnaflow system is installed. Drove home and burned off the oils in the pipes. Love the added sound but dont believe it is as loud as the 06V I use to have with the stock mufflers deleted. Anyway I do believe I feel it to be slightly more torquier by the SOTP...Haha or its just a mind game and driving it differently to hear the exhaust note. Anyway, I like it a lot.

I did see one one of the header suppliers that they do sell the Magnaflow cats to be a direct fitment with the stock manifolds and exhaust just cant seem to find it.. will contine to search, I believed they were about $315.00 bucks complete for both.

#6 ·
i will check to see if i still have my factory mid pipes i took off when i did long tubes. i had some real nice magnaflow high flow cats installed one month before i went all out on mods.
if i have them i will sell the whole factory mid pipe so you just have to bolt them in. only issuie might be shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.