volant cold air intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, volant cold air intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i am just wondering if the volant cold air intake for 04-05 ls6 ctsv will fit a 2007 ls2 cts ...
    2007ThunderV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts v

volant cold air intake

i am just wondering if the volant cold air intake for 04-05 ls6 ctsv will fit a 2007 ls2 cts v
    i ordered one anyways, volant does not give a listing for 2007;s but there website says 2004-2006 which doesnt make sense.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: volant cold air intake

I had one. It really didn't fit the '04-'05 LS6 very well either.

Is it too late to get your money back?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Typically the only difference between cold air intakes designed for the 2006-2007 LS2 CTS-V and those designed for the 2004-2005 LS6 CTS-V is the addition of a vacuum tube input connection for the LS2. If not needed, this input connection can be capped, and conversely if the input is absent and needed you can make one. Also, the outside diameters of the 78mm and 90mm throttle bodies are the same so the OEM/CAI intake tubes are interchangeable.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

I have one in my 04 and I really like it. Fits fine in my V. The only difference in the LS2 kit is a vac nipple onthe intake tube that can easily be installed.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    I have one in my 04 and I really like it. Fits fine in my V. ...
    I had to go to Home Depot and get some weather stripping to seal the airbox. The holes to fasten it in place were not well alligned, either.

Maybe mine was an early one.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

nah too late to return it, its already in my garage...
    so i take it i need to add something for the vaccum line because mine is a ls2?
    anyone have a link or pics of what they did to modify it?

I have an LS2 throttle body on my LS6 which required me to add a tube to my existing intake tube. There are probably many parts that would work, but I used an air compressor quick disconnect piece which had threads on one end and a nipple that fit the vacuum tube to be attached. I drilled a hole in the intake and screwed in the threaded ended. I finished it off with some RTV. I could have put a retaining nut on the threaded part, but I decided I did not want the risk of losing it into the motor.
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I have an LS2 throttle body on my LS6 which required me to add a tube to my existing intake tube. There are probably many parts that would work, but I used an air compressor quick disconnect piece which had threads on one end and a nipple that fit the vacuum tube to be attached. I drilled a hole in the intake and screwed in the threaded ended. I finished it off with some RTV. I could have put a retaining nut on the threaded part, but I decided I did not want the risk of losing it into the motor.
    thanks for the pic, thats exactly what i was thinking, i have a bunch of copper pluming fittings that should do the trick.

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

How much bigger than stock is it? Anyone have any pics? Just curious if it will work with our aluminum radiator. Thanks.

Peter

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    Anyone have any pics?
    mine and love it:

Here is what they look like. I don't have any measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    mine and love it:

looks good..
    i plan on painting my lid to match the car, and ordering a gm performance division badge to replace the volant badge lol hopefully it looks goods

Blake032 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

ALRADCO, from my experience it did not fit with your radiator. I ordered a volant and with your radiator and the stock fan shroud assembly it would not fit. I had to modify the K&N intake tube after I installed your radiator but it wasn't a problem. Love the radiator BTW!

ImEpayne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Found this thread very helpful, thanks all. Will be ordering my Volant for my '06 and doing the quick mod here shortly.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Has anyone come up with any beneficial mods for the volant? The reason I ask is I modded mine extensively to fit the much larger filter that came with the eforce blower. While I was at it I decided to open up the bottom front corner of the airbox in an effort to get as much flow as possible. I also added some silicon sheeting to replace the odd stock rubber piece on the front of the stock box. The additional sheeting seems to deflect more air into the box.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.