volant cold air intake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, volant cold air intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by sssnake Has anyone come up with any beneficial mods for the volant? The reason I ask is ...
    HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: volant cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by sssnake View Post
    Has anyone come up with any beneficial mods for the volant? The reason I ask is I modded mine extensively to fit the much larger filter that came with the eforce blower. While I was at it I decided to open up the bottom front corner of the airbox in an effort to get as much flow as possible. I also added some silicon sheeting to replace the odd stock rubber piece on the front of the stock box. The additional sheeting seems to deflect more air into the box.
    No, but I've been thinking about doing something simiilar with my LPE-- like some kind of sheeting to act as a louver to direct air from in front of the rad into the air box. If you cold post pics of what you did that would be, um, rad

bbbeast1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Vseries

Nice Thread...I've been trying to locate a Volant CAI for my '12, w/ no luck.

So, I wrote Volant to see if, they had any info on the CAI for my 2012 CTS-V and haven't herd anything back, yet.

I've had the Volant CAI on my 2010 Silverado Z71 for a couple of yrs. now and really like it.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I used the volant tube with LPE CAI box, it worked the best for me. However, i am now taking it up a notch, with a 102mm Maf and custom heat shield.

Given my situation where i dont have much room between the pulley and radiator, i am relocating the heat shield about an inch and a half to the right, then addin in a 45* elbow with custom short filter from AFE. Will post pix once i get the car back from the body shop. Having a new side skirt installed, they broke the old one while install my new front fenders.

BTW, anything is better than stock, and if you search the forum you will find DIY setups where they show similar gains but at a frction of the cost. The only big problem with the volant is installin it between the larger ron davis rad and tb. then lining it up so it doesnt rub on the ps pulley...

Taking it off is too easy...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bbbeast1 View Post
    Nice Thread...I've been trying to locate a Volant CAI for my '12, w/ no luck.

So, I wrote Volant to see if, they had any info on the CAI for my 2012 CTS-V and haven't herd anything back, yet.

I've had the Volant CAI on my 2010 Silverado Z71 for a couple of yrs. now and really like it.
    D3 is your best option...

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    No, but I've been thinking about doing something simiilar with my LPE-- like some kind of sheeting to act as a louver to direct air from in front of the rad into the air box. If you cold post pics of what you did that would be, um, rad
    This is the best pic I have on my phone but I will try to get one that is a little more zoomed in.

uploadfromtaptalk1367310695639.jpg

I'll try to get something a little better. It is just the silicone intake tube split and screwed into the volant box. It comes out even with the front of the AC coil.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by alradco View Post
    How much bigger than stock is it? Anyone have any pics? Just curious if it will work with our aluminum radiator. Thanks.

Peter
    I have a volant and Maggie with your radiator and it all fits, very close fit but it fits.

sssnake is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    I forgot to add I am using a MUCH larger filter and 4" silicon intake tube. Finished product below.

uploadfromtaptalk1367338233067.jpg

Filter pic.

uploadfromtaptalk1367338270736.jpg

I had to use two 45 degree elbows cut them to adjust the angle between the TB and intake tube and couple them together.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.