The Build... - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, The Build... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Don't buy used shocks.......
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: The Build...

Don't buy used shocks....

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Correct that is headers, no cats, and magnaflow. ST2 is pretty open. If my math is correct I have some room for improvement. The horsepower to weight ratio is 8.7. The way I added the adjusments it puts me over a little bit which means I can add horsepower, take off weight, or both. My plan was to go as light as I can make it and then add horsepower to get as close to 8.7 as possible. Heads and Cam are definitely in the cards and if I play it right down the road a dog ring box can make it in
    For 2013 nasa is changing ST2 to 8.0 and dropping PTA/TTA for a new ST3 class with 9.0 and 9.5 for aero cars.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66268

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    For 2013 nasa is changing ST2 to 8.0 and dropping PTA/TTA for a new ST3 class with 9.0 and 9.5 for aero cars.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=66268
    Yep lucky for me, the car is still loaded on the trailer...
    ST2 is going to get faster. But actually if I read and did the math correct, I'm right at ST3 now without touching anything. May open another door for me, gonna wait and see what takes place
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Yep lucky for me, the car is still loaded on the trailer...
    ST2 is going to get faster. But actually if I read and did the math correct, I'm right at ST3 now without touching anything. May open another door for me, gonna wait and see what takes place
    Agree, should be some nice car counts in ST3. I still have the CCW wheels if you need more tire.

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Agree, should be some nice car counts in ST3. I still have the CCW wheels if you need more tire.
    OK Bill.
    My guess is this was not only for car counts but coincides with the shakeup in SCCA's T1. Alot of the Vette's may move over and slot right into new ST2 now. At this point I think I can add HP and run under ST2 or make little to no changes and be dead on the ST3 ruleset...

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Junior, what's your weight and horsepower? When calculating weight, do you include the weight of the driver and a full tank of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Junior, what's your weight and horsepower? When calculating weight, do you include the weight of the driver and a full tank of gas?
    Empty weight was 3366. "Competition Weight" includes driver/gas so I'm using 3566 and HP is 401.
    Sedans get +.4 added and I have to add +.35 (for the weight over 3550). The Grand Am Conti's are not subject to the -.75 penalty

Good lord. Sounds like you're about 500 pounds lighter than stock. Based on your prior posts, I know that a lot of the modifications that you've done are non-starters for those of us who don't want to give up seats or functionality. Do you have any weight reduction recommendations that you consider low hanging fruit (either because the mod is cheap from a price/lb perspective or because it comes as a side effect of a different performance mod)?

Personally, I estimate that I've lost about 100 lbs: 26 for headers, 30 for the Magnaflow, 10 for the spare tire tub, about zero between the various gains and losses for the plentitude of mods in the engine bay, 5 per corner due to the Ground Control kit, wheels, and tires, 20 for the LS7 clutch and Fidanza flywheel--and then I borrowed back about 45 lbs for a good 10" subwoofer and multiple layers of acoustic cladding (damper+MLV) in the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    Good lord. Sounds like you're about 500 pounds lighter than stock. Based on your prior posts, I know that a lot of the modifications that you've done are non-starters for those of us who don't want to give up seats or functionality. Do you have any weight reduction recommendations that you consider low hanging fruit (either because the mod is cheap from a price/lb perspective or because it comes as a side effect of a different performance mod)?

Personally, I estimate that I've lost about 100 lbs: 26 for headers, 30 for the Magnaflow, 10 for the spare tire tub, about zero between the various gains and losses for the plentitude of mods in the engine bay, 5 per corner due to the Ground Control kit, wheels, and tires, 20 for the LS7 clutch and Fidanza flywheel--and then I borrowed back about 45 lbs for a good 10" subwoofer and multiple layers of acoustic cladding (damper+MLV) in the rear.
    The biggest bang I think was the combination of Seats (stock ones are like 80lbs each, my Recaro's are 18lbs each), Clutch/Flywheel, and Windows (my Lexan is maybe 40lbs in total). Like you said though its a bit unforgiving for the street.

Aside from the clutch/flywheel, headers and exhaust that you already did. I know there are some gains to be had with the battery (easily 20lbs), 2 piece rotors and the TD Wheels. (you already have aftermarket) But the 18" are lighter than 19". Not sure about the coilovers but there could be some there as well.
    The removal of all the A/C stuff, Airbags, and interior trim really adds up after a while. But its just that its a nogo on a daily driver...

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Empty weight was 3366. "Competition Weight" includes driver/gas so I'm using 3566 and HP is 401.
    Sedans get +.4 added and I have to add +.35 (for the weight over 3550). The Grand Am Conti's are not subject to the -.75 penalty
    Are you at 401 whp? What mods have you done? I only saw the initial post about engine mods.

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    Are you at 401 whp? What mods have you done? I only saw the initial post about engine mods.
    Yes on the 401.
    Mods are: Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks 1 3/4, No Cats, Magnaflow, and Tune

Yes on the 401.
    Mods are: Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks 1 3/4, No Cats, Magnaflow, and Tune
    By the way, if you're interested in my TRuTorq L3 cam, you can probably eek out another 30 RWHP (still owe people footage of the throttle response--stay tuned). I'm planning on swapping my LS2 shortblock out for a 416 CID LS3 this winter. Will probably sell the shortblock with the original cam in it, and sell the L3 separately. I also have a Volant intake tube if you're still running the stocker.

I would love to replace the seats with something better, but they have to be leather and match the car. That puts me into the multi-thousand dollar range, unfortunately.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

ny
    Well in that case, make the short jaunt down to VIR in early/mid November and get some shakedown time with Trackdaze. I'll be there in the advanced run group. Actually, I plan to run 4 days straight, but I still need to sign up for the Audi Owners Club that is Sat/Sun (which does not require owning an Audi, but does require you to be a club member.)

DrSpeed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Love the build Chris!

Went to NJMP Lightning with PCA yesterday. Unfortunately after the 2nd lap I noticed a strong fuel smell and shut it down.
    No leaks but I didn't want to try out the fire system, so its back at the shop for a few days...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.