Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by xbladr Id love to see the wing you are making too The wing that I have is ...
    zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

Re: Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by xbladr View Post
    Id love to see the wing you are making too
    The wing that I have is from Andy Pilgrims First gen CTS V Race car the same car that won the manufacture championship.
    A variation of that wing will be produced and only made in Carbon Fiber. This wing is not for looks but performance.

I am off to the "ROLEX 24" so I will try and answer any questions that might come in but bear with me if I don't answer right away.

Thank you for your interest
    Attached Images
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Wow... That...looks...amazing!!! Good work zzilla and your shop!

That being said, will the kit include wider inner fender linings? I apologize if this has already been discussed ( I've tried to keep up on this thread the best I can).

I really, really want to do this, but it's too expensive for me at this juncture.

I figure the total cost to get a standard V to the point yours is at is:

1) $4000 - widebody kit in fiberglass
    2) $3000 - body work to install & prep
    3) $3000 - paint, basically the entire car, minus the flat portions (hood, roof, trunk lid) need to be repainted - more if you get the hood too
    4) $3600 - CCW wheels (18x10 front) (18x12 rear)
    5) $1400 - tires (285/30r18) & (335/30r18)

Grand total = $15000

I'm definitely not trying to discourage anybody from doing this, but I've researched these costs and it's a pretty grim reality that body modifications to this level are ridiculously expensive.

I guess my main question is: will these body panels always be available? I can't afford to do this now, but if it takes me 3-5 years to save up the money will I still be able to get my hands on these?

This is a very exciting time to be a V owner no matter what!

----------

I also wanted to add that the new wheels/tires cost that I added into this are not absolutely necessary, but probably would be needed if you wanted the car to look right.

If someone wanted to keep their current wheel/tire setup, they would have to get longer wheel studs installed and go with a crazy wheel spacer to move the wheels out toward the new fenders. This could be done as a temporary fix, but would not be a great solution in the long run.

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

^ Same Question

I am thinking a DIY who doesn't mind 3M wrapping and cheaper wheels etc. could get it done for a lot cheaper, but I think your estimate is close to do it proper. Now when I see my V I envision it widebody w/ carbon fibre... damn you zzilla! I might roll a different hood though.

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    Wow... That...looks...amazing!!! Good work zzilla and your shop!

That being said, will the kit include wider inner fender linings? I apologize if this has already been discussed ( I've tried to keep up on this thread the best I can).

I really, really want to do this, but it's too expensive for me at this juncture.

I figure the total cost to get a standard V to the point yours is at is:

1) $4000 - widebody kit in fiberglass
    2) $3000 - body work to install & prep
    3) $3000 - paint, basically the entire car, minus the flat portions (hood, roof, trunk lid) need to be repainted - more if you get the hood too
    4) $3600 - CCW wheels (18x10 front) (18x12 rear)
    5) $1400 - tires (285/30r18) & (335/30r18)

Grand total = $15000

I'm definitely not trying to discourage anybody from doing this, but I've researched these costs and it's a pretty grim reality that body modifications to this level are ridiculously expensive.

I guess my main question is: will these body panels always be available? I can't afford to do this now, but if it takes me 3-5 years to save up the money will I still be able to get my hands on these?

This is a very exciting time to be a V owner no matter what!

----------

I also wanted to add that the new wheels/tires cost that I added into this are not absolutely necessary, but probably would be needed if you wanted the car to look right.

If someone wanted to keep their current wheel/tire setup, they would have to get longer wheel studs installed and go with a crazy wheel spacer to move the wheels out toward the new fenders. This could be done as a temporary fix, but would not be a great solution in the long run.
    Hi Guys at the Rolex 24 talk about some amazing cars that are here for this race!

Yes we are working on inner fender linings. Finding the right materials is the key.

Since every kit will be numbered and as long as the owner wants new panels for any reason I will make sure that they can and will be reproduced.That means even if the business ever closes I will make sure that the owners of this kit have replacments.I too have been in a situation that if you purchase something and the company closes your SOL and that really blows.Which means if someone wants a kit it will be avail. because I will always have the molds. Again no one can predict the future but it is my sincere intent to have these avail.

Small correction on #5 the front tires are 315/30/18( not 285/30/18) and on #4 (on a 11in wide wheel not 10in)

As far as cost other bodykits aimed at performance BMW($10,000 fiberglass) posrshe $25,000 in CF. When you think about it all of the cadillacowners spending $4000.00 for a supercharger and then all the added costs for upgrades rear end axle's etc...to make the drivetrain last to go in a straight line(which by the way is great) in turn this kit is geared for taking corners and handling. It is also to get the widest track possible on a production cts v for the maximum amount of grip on a road course.
    I knew when starting this project that it would not be cheap,. but I believe this car deserves to finally be able to reach its maxium potential and to be able to let others have the posibility to do so also.

And a very big thanks to all for the great feedback.!!!!!!!

Time for sleep. Tomorrow back to the track.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Excellent stuffs!

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Can we get more pics of the front fender flair?

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

bump! pictures!!!! :P

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Hi All,

Got back from the Rolex 24 great race. If you have never been it is one thing to go and see as far as races go.

We should finally be getting in the fiberglass we have had ordered today. We will start making final parts next week .

In the mean time we are working on the rear wing brackets so they can be mounted to the frame of the car.

I am also working on the possibility of Carbon Fiber. If We do this the parts will not be like alot carbon fiber stuff you see out there which either has one layer of carbon fiber and the rest fiberglass or they use black fiberglass which looks like carbon fiber but does not have any of the properties of carbon fiber,Strength or weight advantages.

For instance the hood would be made out of a dry carbon and honeycomb and will only weigh 3-4lbs and it will be a full fledge competition piece.

All of the parts will require a autoclave to produce the strongest and lightest parts. And that is not cheap by any means so if your are looking for carbon fiber BLING these parts are not for you, they will have to be painted or wrapped because they will not come with a glossy finish as you see on a lot of carbon fiber pieces. If any of you have ever seen a true race car with carbon fiber pieces before a wrap or paint you will know what I am talking about.
    I don't want to discourage you, I just want to let everyone know that up front and not mislead you about cost. These parts will be for competition.I hope to have some pricing in the next few weeks.

I will continue to keep all of you updated
    Thank You
    yooper, yooper, VChewy04 and 1 others like this.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Man this is some badazz stuff. Can't wait to see the pics of it all painted up!

dr.duct_mossburg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-V

When I had my S4, LOTS of people orderd RS4 kits to make their car wide body. Parts cost and shipping was roughly $10k. That said, It also wasn't fiber glass, It was OEM pieces. I would be very skeptical about doing this on a car you intend to drive on typical streets.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg View Post
    I would be very skeptical about doing this on a car you intend to drive on typical streets.
    Why? Due to concerns about cleanly repairing possible crash damage, or for some other reason?

UPDATE...........

Rear bumper, side rocker panels, right fender are done. Glassing left fender today. Front bumper next week, then the hood.

Production panels are very light (have not weighed yet for true numbers)The Fiberglass that we have used is for aircraft so it has an amazing amount of flexibility for fiberglass. Things are moving along.

Anymore photos will not be released untill the car is finished that way you will be able to get the whole picture instead of production bits.
    yooper and yooper like this.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    UPDATE...........

Rear bumper, side rocker panels, right fender are done. Glassing left fender today. Front bumper next week, then the hood.

Production panels are very light (have not weighed yet for true numbers)The Fiberglass that we have used is for aircraft so it has an amazing amount of flexibility for fiberglass. Things are moving along.

Anymore photos will not be released untill the car is finished that way you will be able to get the whole picture instead of production bits.
    Any idea as to when we'll get to see the end result?

Also, would you be able to integrate vents (seamlessly) on the rear side of the flares that would aid in evacuation of built up air from within the wheel wells?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.