Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Having too much tire is like having too much torque!...
    yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Re: Project "VANQUISH" Widebody kit for CTS-V

Having too much tire is like having too much torque!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

i cant wait to see the final product.

but from a buisness perspective i dont see why limiting this to only v owners would help move this product. It would be better to have a high quality product which is open to a larger grouping, thus maybe bringing the price down so for those who are looking to do this mod. Either way i look forward to it.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Is that too much tire?
    Here is a D3 V2 Coupe with 345's on the rear!

hXc95SLS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1992 Dodge Dakota DD, 2005 CTS-V Black on Black
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    Is that too much tire?
    No such thing as too much tire. All I'm saying is 335 is monstrous. That D3 second gen with 345s, pure sexy. I want to see what it can do on a track....

zzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): cts v-xlr v

Quote Originally Posted by raguncajn View Post
    Zzilla are you around New Orleans, I seem to remember you talking about NOLA motorpark somewhere? I am going to be at the opening event on new years weekend, are you planning on going?
    I plan on being there provided on the weather. As of 2 weeks ago they still did not have paved roads to the main track along with pot holes. I would like to run one my cars Xlr v or my Audi, but it really is going to depend on the condition of the track. It is so dusty and dirt every where that I am not sure they are going to be able to keep the track clean enough. If you are there and you bring your V, I would love to see it.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by hXc95SLS View Post
    No such thing as too much tire. All I'm saying is 335 is monstrous. That D3 second gen with 345s, pure sexy. I want to see what it can do on a track....
    Sure, there's such a thing as too much tire.

What I would be interested in, though, is being able to get the wheels further out for better balance...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Sure, there's such a thing as too much tire.

What I would be interested in, though, is being able to get the wheels further out for better balance...
    With this body kit you should have about 3 1/2 each side wider track in the front than stock. That is with OEM backspacing and a 11in wide wheel in the front.When speaking with some of the people that have set up the suspension for the T2 race cars the biggest complaint I heard was that the car would push in the corners.After putting 315's on all four corners the response was, it was much more neutral. In saying that, the response for my wish to put 335's on the rear and 315's on the front was taken with positive comments,hence the build.

I will try to answer anymore questions you guys might have in the next couple of days,but bear with me I am headed out to the "PRI" show(Performance racing Industry) and won't have much time. But I will check this at night. Thanks!!
    thebigjimsho and thebigjimsho like this.

raguncajn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    I plan on being there provided on the weather. As of 2 weeks ago they still did not have paved roads to the main track along with pot holes. I would like to run one my cars Xlr v or my Audi, but it really is going to depend on the condition of the track. It is so dusty and dirt every where that I am not sure they are going to be able to keep the track clean enough. If you are there and you bring your V, I would love to see it.
    I am also starting to wonder about the area around the track as well. It seems they are working alot on the buildings, but not the entire complex. It has come a long way since the first karting event though. I'm sure I will be there though, my boss has a Spec M3 that he is running in the enduro andsprint races. That is of course if we can get it onto the track! They still have a month so hopefully they can pull it all together.

UPDATE------

Hi Everyone,
    I just got back from the "PRI" show. Some good stuff some stuff that had no business being there(fluff stuff)
    I spoke to a few vendors on the possibility of have this kit in Carbon Fiber ,we will have to see.

I would like to know of those that have read this thread how many would really be interested in Carbon Fiber as opposed to Fiberglass considering the cost of Cabon fiber?

Cost is still yet to be determend but I should have some numbers for you by "Christmas" on the Fiberglass kit

On a side note I just recieved the first brake duct spindle kit for this car, it is only a prototype as I am the Beta Tester. I will keep you informed on the progress also. This kit will bolt on to the OEM system.

Thanks

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by zzilla View Post
    Yes it is the intention to sell this to only V owners.
    As far as vin#'s. go it will need to be on the copy of the cars registration paperwork along with a photo of the actual vin on the vehicle.Aside from that well we can only hope for the best. The last thing I think we all do not want to see is one of these kits on a 6cycl. I remember when the cadillac dealers started selling the cts v grille and you started to see a regular cts with them on. Thank You for the interest and bringing up a good point
    The V grill was a stock item. This widebody kit isnt. A V6 couldnt be considered a clone if the cloned parts are not OEM. There are a few V6's thatll surprise a stock V, too... I know my V6 is faster then a V on an auto-x course. Id be interested in this kit, too, and my CTS doesnt look like a stock V.

Stewmeistr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' sil"V"er

Hurry UP! My V just got backed into and the whole right rear qrtr panel has to be replaced... With an insurance check!
    Would be easier now, more than ever!.
    Rob

[QUOTE=Stewmeistr;2792248]Hurry UP! My V just got backed into and the whole right rear qrtr panel has to be replaced... With an insurance check!
    Would be easier now, more than ever!.
    Rob[/QU

We are finishing up the final molds before we start to make production parts. The first set of production parts from the molds will be on my car to make sure there are no anomolies.The target to make this kit for sale is going to be in January. Believe me no one wants this more than me since my car has been in the fabrication shop since January 25 2011 and we are about to head into 2012.
    Thanks for the interest.

James R. Brown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Can't wait to see the final product.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I'd love to have a very large ballpark figure of what we're looking at for the kit.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

+1 on the figure

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.