Cadillac Owners Forum banner

G-force axles one side or both?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Castro 
#1 ·
Im not planning on building up my car at all I just wanted opinons or experiences one or both axles with a stock car. Does replacing just tha passenger side eliminate the axle hop completely or should I get both. If I do ever mod the car it would probably be minor stuff like a tune, air box, exhaust. Mines a 2004 and I would only have to replace the passenger side.

#10 ·
I was under the impression that the contis were not sticky at all ut actually a harder compound as they have a 50k warranty.
I have the passenger side on my car. I can't tell the difference at all. I still get wheelhop all over the place. I'm still under the impression that the combination of soft subframe bushings, the ability of the pinion to rise under acceleration, and the guibo in the driveshaft contribute more to the hop than the axles. After all, the rubber parts are the biggest sources of slop in the system and slop is what allows the tires to load up and then release.

IMHO, a better differential, a driveshaft without rubber, and a torque arm that couples the differential more solidly to the body of the car would do wonders for this car and wouldn't impact the ride or noise too much.
WOW that is a first, most people are pleased; how many miles on your suspension?

#9 ·
I have the passenger side on my car. I can't tell the difference at all. I still get wheelhop all over the place. I'm still under the impression that the combination of soft subframe bushings, the ability of the pinion to rise under acceleration, and the guibo in the driveshaft contribute more to the hop than the axles. After all, the rubber parts are the biggest sources of slop in the system and slop is what allows the tires to load up and then release.

IMHO, a better differential, a driveshaft without rubber, and a torque arm that couples the differential more solidly to the body of the car would do wonders for this car and wouldn't impact the ride or noise too much.

G
#12 ·
A Hendrix single axle did very little for my wheelhop. Both Gforce axles DEFINITELY eliminated all my wheelhop up to 5500 rpm. I have since damaged the passenger side Gforce axle and I am running another stock one on that side and all the wheelhop is back.

The axles absolutely make a difference in wheelhop. Whether they are the root cause is for debate. I can eliminate the wheelhop by slipping the clutch throughout a sweet smokey burnout, but I would rather not burnout my clutch so I rely on my Gforce axles.

#13 ·
100k on the body, no new bushings besides the trailing arms. This is with a McLeod RST clutch and Hankook Ventus V12 275/30/19 tires and a stock motor. Tires grip great, they just hop like crazy in rain, at lights, even just in first gear getting on it with the clutch fully engaged.

I've got an 8.8 that I'm going to swap in when I get the turbo stuff done, and I'm going to run a torque arm to the carrier bearing to isolate the torque forces from the rear subframe and put them right to the body of the car. I think reducing pinion climb to nothing will probably solve the hop issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.