Converting to -6 AN fuel line
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Converting to -6 AN fuel line in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I can't stand the crappy connection between the fuel rails and the main fuel line coming up at the back ...
    jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Converting to -6 AN fuel line

I can't stand the crappy connection between the fuel rails and the main fuel line coming up at the back of the engine. Converting to -6AN is the way to go, I think. Has anyone done this? Seems simple enough, given the right adapters... I think it's either http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/641300/10002/-1 or http://www.jegs.com/i/Russell/799/640850/10002/-1 I need. Anyone know?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Converting to -6 AN fuel line

I went to an 8-an on that...I found it better suited to compliment the FAST fuel rail

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Right now, I'm not running the larger fuel rails, so I'm staying with -6. I figured out the part numbers required for LS6 fuel rails. The picture is below.

Red circle is Russell part 640850 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640850/
    Green circle is Russel part 640940 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640940/
    I think the line is Russel part 658520 - or you could make your own - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-658520/

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

*sigh* More money to spend... I've got a FAST intake to go my new motor, might as well do the pimpy braided line, too. With that said, I'm not sure I like the way it loops out like that. I could see doing a 90deg fitting off the red circled adapter, then a shorter hose running straight back. But that, of course, would add a fitting with 2 more possible leakage points. Decisions, decisions...

If someone decides to build their own hose, just be sure whatever line you buy is spec'd for fuel. Not all braided hoses are recommended for gasoline.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

starlite NOMEX havent had an issue yet...

Light weight and braided all in one...

Cadispeedster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, Dec 20, 2005

MikeC@Detroitflexdefense.com

Called and this is the guy anyone needs to talk to for custom parts I was told. Have to call back tomorrow when he's in. 7am-5pm central i think.

Fuel line and clutch line they said they make

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I bet there's less of a problem feeding supercharged engines with -8 AN fittings and 1/2" line. AFAIK, the stock fuel lines are 1/4", meaning that a 1/2"-based system would hold 4 times as much fuel (pi*r^2 for a given length l) and exhibit less pressure drop when boost kicks in.

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc...adapters.shtml

(Background: some of the most aggressive first-gen CTS-V guys have had to resort to custom surge tanks to avoid fuel starvation problems when running 16+ pounds of boost through a TVS2300 or Whipple.)

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jclayc View Post
    Right now, I'm not running the larger fuel rails, so I'm staying with -6. I figured out the part numbers required for LS6 fuel rails. The picture is below.

Red circle is Russell part 640850 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640850/
    Green circle is Russel part 640940 - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640940/
    I think the line is Russel part 658520 - or you could make your own - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-658520/
    Thanks for this.....I'll be getting this fo sho. The stock line (even though I cut off that lower bracket on the right) makes my FAST 102 look busch league.

EDIT: Just ordered. Thanks!

I bought the parts (went with a 90deg fitting off the rail so it would point back at the firewall), but the damn fittings were leaking at both ends. This was when I was scrambling to get the new engine in the car last summer before I had to move, so I took the pimpy line off and put the stocker back on. One of these days I'll have to try it again, as it definitely looks way better than the stock hard line with the brackets hacked off.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I bought the parts (went with a 90deg fitting off the rail so it would point back at the firewall), but the damn fittings were leaking at both ends. This was when I was scrambling to get the new engine in the car last summer before I had to move, so I took the pimpy line off and put the stocker back on. One of these days I'll have to try it again, as it definitely looks way better than the stock hard line with the brackets hacked off.
    Fffffffffffffffff......now he tells me

I imagine I just hadn't tightened the AN connections enough, but I didn't want to mess with it anymore due to the time crunch. I don't think you have anything to worry about - Naf and jclayc have had theirs on for a while, and I'm sure they're not the only ones to do something similar.

I imagine I just hadn't tightened the AN connections enough, but I didn't want to mess with it anymore due to the time crunch. I don't think you have anything to worry about - Naf and jclayc have had theirs on for a while, and I'm sure they're not the only ones to do something similar.
    I hope not. I plan on doing this before the Apr 6th Caddy meet in Indy. Thread tape for the threads or no?

Negative. AN fittings seal against the angled seat.

Cadispeedster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V, Dec 20, 2005

Got some nice line and fittings to help compliment the engine covers, and now they fit perfectly on the fuel rail...

I've got enough line to make another, or if someone wants me to make them one just message me!

jclayc likes this.

I finally got off my butt and reinstalled the line, this time making sure the adapter fittings were properly tightened before I put it in. No issues on the second go-round.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.