Cadillac Owners Forum banner

My F1c Pro-Charged CTS-V is complete

20K views 86 replies 25 participants last post by  crete68s 
#1 · (Edited)
Project finally done on my 2004 CTS-V. Here are pictures of the set up most of you been waiting for.

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Luxury vehicle
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Vehicle Car Auto part Engine
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Grille

Original LS6 motor stroked to a 383 with all forged internals, diamond pistons, kooks long tube headers, dart 225 heads,LS7 throttle body, fast 92 intake, Ford 8.8 rear end,
cam, magna flow exhaust, twin 255 fuel pumps, 60lb injectors, F1c pro-charger, huge 4 core intercooler, 50mm blow off valve and etc. 9lbs boost 641 rwhp and 575 torque with 4 1/2 pulley. With 4 inch pulley made 718 rwhp and 637 torque.

See less See more
#35 ·
Bump for more info on the fuel mods.

#50 ·
#38 ·
What's up fellas? Sorry I have not been on the forums for a while. The season started for my business in November. I've been extremely busy. But here is the latest news with my car. On January 6 Friday I went to the County Line Dragway 8th mile track. The car ran good and strong. But on my 5th pass the rear end support and drivers side axle broke. Until now the caddy is still down and its almost 3 months now. The shop that does the work on my car is extremely busy also. My mechanic just recently had my caddy towed from his house to his shop. So finally they will start working on it. He is suggesting maybe I should go with a straight axle. I'm not sure about that. I don't know what the drivability would be like. I tell one thing this caddy moves. It got the most attention at the track. I think the spectators was more disappointed than I was when my car broke. My car ran 7.5s @ 105 plus MPH in the 1/8 mile.

#42 ·
My car ran 7.5s @ 105 plus MPH in the 1/8 mile.
Interesting, I expected it to be considerably faster than that. Even if you had the 4.5 inch pulley on it making the 641 rwhp as you said, that ran way, way slower than 641 rwhp shows. 7.05 1/8th equates to 11.00 in the 1/4 and your mph correlates directly to an 11.00, a car should pick up 21ish mph on the top end of the track, so your 105 plus 21 is 126mph in the 1/4. A stick car will always mph higher than an auto going the same time, so its right on at 11.00. The new CTS-V's with way less power are running quicker in the 1/4, so I'm curious as to what is up with that set up. I thought maybe spun your tires, but a 7.05 at 105 mph tells me that car hooked really well.

My 1969 chevelle, which is lighter than a stock CTS-V by about 150 pounds made 687 hp at the flywheel. When it was an automatic it ran 10.54 at 135 mph. That 641 rwhp just is not showing anywhere in your dragstrip times or mph.

Jeff

#41 ·
keep us updated.:pop2:. last few times i went to dunkin donuts i didn't see the car.. this explains it haha

in season is referring to the droves of elderly dry cleaner patrons that call SWFL their home for the winter

#40 ·
What did you do for fuel?

#44 ·
I agree to some extent. Lets look at yours, a 7.9 at 99 mph is obvious their were some serious issues with the run, as it gained a lot of mph with a much slower time than it should have. The above run is spot on to where a solid run would be, a 7.05 in the 1/8th comes out right at 105 mph, so to say their were issues with that run is quite the stretch in my opinion. I race twice a week every week from early april until into november usually, I can look at numbers and see if it was a clean run or not, yours is very obvious it was not. His run was a clean run. The mph and time correlate right on where they should be.

What Im saying is something is wrong with the run. Either the car is not making nearly the horsepower, which a dyno sheet would back that up, or something is drastically wrong in the setup. A car with 641 rwhp, if it is doing what it should be doing, will run deep into the 10's, or 6's in an 1/8th in a so-so run. If its putting it all to pavement, thats a 9 sec car.

In my chevelle I have run mid 11's at 135mph quite a few times. Thats a run like yours, testing things out, smoked the tires, front end came up higher than I like so I backed out of it.......whatever the reason, any drag racer can see that a run like that was not a clean run.

Im just curious as to why a car with 641 rwhp only ran a 11 second 1/4 with a clean run.

Jeff

#46 ·
Fuel??????

#59 ·
Good luck... I have been trying to find a f1 or d1 head unit at a good price but haven't had any luck. Most of the ones I have seen want new prices for them.

My brother got a quote for a new f1 from his engine builder for around 2700-2900 for his car which is a very good deal. The

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.