My F1c Pro-Charged CTS-V is complete - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, My F1c Pro-Charged CTS-V is complete in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Next step is meth injection. What is the best kit for our cars?...
    spdracer77 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: My F1c Pro-Charged CTS-V is complete

Next step is meth injection. What is the best kit for our cars?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

wmskateteam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

i used a snow small 3 gallon tank I was able to fit completely underneath the spare tire cover, if you want it a little more subdued

alradco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Very nice build. I'm curious why you stayed with such high compression though?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Bump for more info on the fuel mods.

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Sick

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

My boner is not subsiding.

Bump x 2 for more info

What's up fellas? Sorry I have not been on the forums for a while. The season started for my business in November. I've been extremely busy. But here is the latest news with my car. On January 6 Friday I went to the County Line Dragway 8th mile track. The car ran good and strong. But on my 5th pass the rear end support and drivers side axle broke. Until now the caddy is still down and its almost 3 months now. The shop that does the work on my car is extremely busy also. My mechanic just recently had my caddy towed from his house to his shop. So finally they will start working on it. He is suggesting maybe I should go with a straight axle. I'm not sure about that. I don't know what the drivability would be like. I tell one thing this caddy moves. It got the most attention at the track. I think the spectators was more disappointed than I was when my car broke. My car ran 7.5s @ 105 plus MPH in the 1/8 mile.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

thats moving pretty well, i thought you ran a dry cleaners?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

What did you do for fuel?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

keep us updated.. last few times i went to dunkin donuts i didn't see the car.. this explains it haha

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    in season is referring to the droves of elderly dry cleaner patrons that call SWFL their home for the winter

quikss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2007 Trailblazer SS, 1969 Chevelle SS

Quote Originally Posted by spdracer77 View Post
    My car ran 7.5s @ 105 plus MPH in the 1/8 mile.
    Interesting, I expected it to be considerably faster than that. Even if you had the 4.5 inch pulley on it making the 641 rwhp as you said, that ran way, way slower than 641 rwhp shows. 7.05 1/8th equates to 11.00 in the 1/4 and your mph correlates directly to an 11.00, a car should pick up 21ish mph on the top end of the track, so your 105 plus 21 is 126mph in the 1/4. A stick car will always mph higher than an auto going the same time, so its right on at 11.00. The new CTS-V's with way less power are running quicker in the 1/4, so I'm curious as to what is up with that set up. I thought maybe spun your tires, but a 7.05 at 105 mph tells me that car hooked really well.

My 1969 chevelle, which is lighter than a stock CTS-V by about 150 pounds made 687 hp at the flywheel. When it was an automatic it ran 10.54 at 135 mph. That 641 rwhp just is not showing anywhere in your dragstrip times or mph.

Jeff

rlj5 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black

Quote Originally Posted by quikss View Post
    Interesting, I expected it to be considerably faster than that. Even if you had the 4.5 inch pulley on it making the 641 rwhp as you said, that ran way, way slower than 641 rwhp shows. 7.05 1/8th equates to 11.00 in the 1/4 and your mph correlates directly to an 11.00, a car should pick up 21ish mph on the top end of the track, so your 105 plus 21 is 126mph in the 1/4. A stick car will always mph higher than an auto going the same time, so its right on at 11.00. The new CTS-V's with way less power are running quicker in the 1/4, so I'm curious as to what is up with that set up. I thought maybe spun your tires, but a 7.05 at 105 mph tells me that car hooked really well.

My 1969 chevelle, which is lighter than a stock CTS-V by about 150 pounds made 687 hp at the flywheel. When it was an automatic it ran 10.54 at 135 mph. That 641 rwhp just is not showing anywhere in your dragstrip times or mph.

Jeff

Not so sure about that.............. These cars are not real great at putting the hp to the ground. I think it's pretty hard to tell by a run or two what the capablities are, You really gonna haveta get some seat time in one of these 1st Gen V's with that kinda whp to figure things out.
    I caught a lot of hell for running a 11.64 with 864 whp & for that matter I still see a lot of talk about it.
    But you know it just isn't important enough to me to spend more time just to make a bunch of other people happy that the car does what everyone thinks it should.
    Let's look at my run.... had a cast on my clutch foot but decided to go to the strip anyway just because so many people wanted me to.
    So for whatever reason the traction control engage & the car dove down right after launch , hit rev limiter in 2 shifts, and got a 1.999 60', & in the 1/8th I went 7.88 @ 99 mph and still managed to trap almost 134 mph. So my first trip to the track in 42 years wasn't a great success & there were a lot of people couldn't figure why it only ran a 11.64 with 864 whp.
    I know the car is capable of a hell of a lot better than a 11.64 with a better driver & some tweaking.... I can see over a full second in screw ups in the video without even trying, But it's just not that important to me to spend the time it would require to get it there.

But I quess what I'm getting at is your idea of what it should run in the 1/8th & what that translates into the 1/4 just isn't a definate , There are just to many other factors.
    I mean.... my screw ups got me a 1/8th of 7.9 & 99 mph & even at that bad it still had a trap of almost 134 mph
    Hell it you go by that he might trap over 140 & could easily be in the mid 10's
    F1-A ProCharged LS2/402 Forged w/AFR 225 heads & Fast 92mm intake |Meth | 1-7/8" kooks w/ Corsa |Stage V Trans by RPM w/ 9" Ford IRS |UUC Shifter |Msd shift lite |custom gauge pod w/dual interceptor scan gauges w/wide band |launch control |Line lock |Hre C-20 wheels |GY gsd3's 255/40/18 front & M/T 305/35/18 DR |Kw Coilovers
    Built & Tuned by EPP---------- 864 rwhp / 812 rwtq
    9" IRS built & installed by---- Madman Racing
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

quikss is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2007 Trailblazer SS, 1969 Chevelle SS

I agree to some extent. Lets look at yours, a 7.9 at 99 mph is obvious their were some serious issues with the run, as it gained a lot of mph with a much slower time than it should have. The above run is spot on to where a solid run would be, a 7.05 in the 1/8th comes out right at 105 mph, so to say their were issues with that run is quite the stretch in my opinion. I race twice a week every week from early april until into november usually, I can look at numbers and see if it was a clean run or not, yours is very obvious it was not. His run was a clean run. The mph and time correlate right on where they should be.

What Im saying is something is wrong with the run. Either the car is not making nearly the horsepower, which a dyno sheet would back that up, or something is drastically wrong in the setup. A car with 641 rwhp, if it is doing what it should be doing, will run deep into the 10's, or 6's in an 1/8th in a so-so run. If its putting it all to pavement, thats a 9 sec car.

In my chevelle I have run mid 11's at 135mph quite a few times. Thats a run like yours, testing things out, smoked the tires, front end came up higher than I like so I backed out of it.......whatever the reason, any drag racer can see that a run like that was not a clean run.

Im just curious as to why a car with 641 rwhp only ran a 11 second 1/4 with a clean run.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Yes I do run a dry cleaners. In season we get a lot of the snow birds out here. Which is great because we'll get twice as busy.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by quikss View Post

Jeff
    The first gen of the V's was not made for the track from the get go. Even with the beefed up rears it just don't put down the power to the ground properly. My best 60 foot time was 2.1. My time was not 7.05 it was 7.50s. I use to have a 1996 impala ss putting down 505rwhp and always ran down the 1/4 mile between 10.90s-11.1 consistently. There are many other factors beside power to get a good 1/8th mile or 1/4 mile times.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.