Sparco seats winter project (PICS)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sparco seats winter project (PICS) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well they're here. I'm going to bite the bullet and give this a try. The key is to make "return ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Sparco seats winter project (PICS)

Well they're here. I'm going to bite the bullet and give this a try. The key is to make "return to stock" easy. I'll more than likely install B pillar shoulder belts for the street and Schroth ASM 4 points for the track. This seat, the Sparco Chrono, is quite a generous fit seat. I went with the medium size seat and it seems to fit my 35" waist fine. The regular seat is actually a bigger one and is said to fit 38" waists comfortably. These are not race seats (since I don't own a race car) and they do recline. They are very comfy and the bolsters on the medium size feel as supportive as a race bucket. I'm hoping to remove some substantial weight from the car with this mod and still keep it a streetable ride. Track closes in a few weeks and after my last outing on the 15th and 16th I'll probably put the car up for the long Wisconsin winter and start the project after Christmas. I'll give it the old college try to write up the process and if I solve the airbag/ seatbelt issues I'll be sure to share it in detail for anyone interested in a seat swap.

yooper and yooper like this.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Sparco seats winter project (PICS)

Looking forward to the write-up. I noticed you changed your catch can.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I just went to my first full track event and i must say those seats have to go for two reasons.
    1) They dont go down far enough... my head hits the ceiling of the car with my helmet on.
    2) They have nearly zero support... i had to use my core to hold myself upright on the corners.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I just went to my first full track event and i must say those seats have to go for two reasons.
    1) They dont go down far enough... my head hits the ceiling of the car with my helmet on.
    2) They have nearly zero support... i had to use my core to hold myself upright on the corners.
    Da troof.

I need to scrunch down or recline the seat back to get clearance and I'm only 5'10."
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by soflarick View Post
    Looking forward to the write-up. I noticed you changed your catch can.
    My car still throws a little smoke exiting turns. I went with a dual can to see if that helps.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Da troof.

I need to scrunch down or recline the seat back to get clearance and I'm only 5'10."
    Well try being 6'2 and change and just being cramped in a 3850lb vehicle.... while I got a ride from my instructor in his gt3 and having fing acres of head room.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Curious on how you are going to mount up the harnesses. I'm sure once its figured out, there will be alot of other owners heading this way.

I've been looking into the Pro ADV from Sparco, mainly for the better HANS fitment. Shouldn't have a problem with mounts tho, I should be caged up in about a month hopefully...
    2005 cadillac cts-v racecar #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

In the passenger seat there is a sensor for the passenger side airbag, you will need to have it in the car or else your airbag light will always be lite. Also you need a resistor for the side impact airbags, very simple to install...

You need to get the sliding rails from sparco and use your original seat mount.

Lastly the for the four points you will need to have the shoulder straps come from where the rear seat is, and the sides will come from the rear bolt you have for the seat.

If you would like Pics let me know...I had a former Rally champ help me locate proper mounts for the seatbelt...

Being 6'2" does limit your car choice. But racing isnt for the grand, its for the petite and small...
    shadybx7 and shadybx7 like this.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Very interested in seats and 5/6pt harness. Appears some of the events at RA are going to require the harness as early as next year.

bassillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    In the passenger seat there is a sensor for the passenger side airbag, you will need to have it in the car or else your airbag light will always be lite. Also you need a resistor for the side impact airbags, very simple to install...

Lastly the for the four points you will need to have the shoulder straps come from where the rear seat is, and the sides will come from the rear bolt you have for the seat.

If you would like Pics let me know...I had a former Rally champ help me locate proper mounts for the seatbelt...

Being 6'2" does limit your car choice. But racing isnt for the grand, its for the petite and small...
    What did you use in place of the stock shoulder belts? Is there an existing mount on the "B" piller and floor mount
    for the retracter? How bout the inside (by console) mount?

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Very interested in seats and 5/6pt harness. Appears some of the events at RA are going to require the harness as early as next year.
    For HPD events?

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post

Thanks Naf. Pics of the B pillar belts would be helpful. PM me or post them up. I was going to use the Wesco Performance kit for mine http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/seatbelts.html, but I understand you used belts from a GXP (?). Did you say that the anchor points for the belts are already in the V? The Wesco kits provide you with instructions to drill the B pillar for the anchor point. Did you do this?

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Have you checked into the Scroth setup that bolts to rear anchors ?
    2005 cadillac cts-v racecar #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

This is the kind of seat that should've been installed at the factory, not the grocery-getter one we have now.

Good stuff.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by Junior1 View Post
    Have you checked into the Scroth setup that bolts to rear anchors ?
    Yes, I may do this first but on the street you really need a 3 point as well.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ss-update.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.