Sparco seats winter project (PICS) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sparco seats winter project (PICS) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I decided to go with the universal seat base which I'm waiting for delivery. How you could get the rails ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: Sparco seats winter project (PICS)

I decided to go with the universal seat base which I'm waiting for delivery. How you could get the rails off the stock seat without the seat being FUBAR when you you're done is beyond me. So I need to get the seats mounted first, but I'm going to do the belts right after that.

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Found these, too small for me. Hopefully someone can take advantage of these. If I read it correct, looks like two seats for that price. Almost too good to be true ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...p5237.m2000013

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    I decided to go with the universal seat base which I'm waiting for delivery. How you could get the rails off the stock seat without the seat being FUBAR when you you're done is beyond me. So I need to get the seats mounted first, but I'm going to do the belts right after that.
    Its easy, Just remove the upper portion, then afterwards you will have a smooth surface to work on. And if i were you i would do the three point seatbelts first, then start on the 5 point afterwards. I used the rear anchor points for easier installation.

Naf

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Found these, too small for me. Hopefully someone can take advantage of these. If I read it correct, looks like two seats for that price. Almost too good to be true ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...p5237.m2000013
    Please note: These seats are the overseas version. They're Grey market products.

KNOCK OFFS!!!

When a seller says grey they came probably from Hong Kong or China...

Be careful

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I'm liking these seats a lot. For the plug and play crowd are there seats with a heating element available i.e. built in? And anyone tried to integrate them with the V DIC.

I'm also in need of headroom clearance, 6.2" with helmet means some curious neck/head contusions.

Quote Originally Posted by ichpen View Post
    I'm liking these seats a lot. For the plug and play crowd are there seats with a heating element available i.e. built in? And anyone tried to integrate them with the V DIC.

I'm also in need of headroom clearance, 6.2" with helmet means some curious neck/head contusions.
    Not sure about the heating elements unless there is a high end Recaro seat available.

I did mount the universal base to the seat ( the height of the base is adjustable) and with it on the next to the lowest setting, I got at least 3 more inches of head room when I set the seat in place.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

They sell heating elements that you could mount under the skins.

Naf

i am 6'2" and i fit very comfortably, i even got my friend who is 6'5" in my seats and he fit comfortably as well...Even with a helmet on...

Re: Sparco seats winter project (PICS) UPDATE

Well phase 1 is done. I got them to mount to the V with the universal mount frame. The floor is not flat so there are a few issues but they are resolvable. One word of caution is that if your pant inseam is less than 29" then you may have to position the base frame a bit closer than I did which means you may have to cut the heat duct that travels below the front seat. More on that in later posts. These seats recline and travel fore and aft with a slider kit. I can sit so low now that I can tilt the wheel at about 90 degrees without it hitting my knees. I sat in with my helmet and for the first time I have plenty of clearance. Seats are supportive however I don't sense the ride is any different than the bling seats. Harnesses will be a challenge. The lap belts are easy since I believe we can use the anchor points of the old seat frames. To be honest the 3 point is going to be a bitch since my Sparco Chronos have a broad shoulder and head area. I may go with Schroth 4 point ASMs and give up the back seat since I mostly track the car. I may even get a rollbar and mount the tail straps to a harness bar. We know the 3 point is doable though since Naf has already done it. I'll put together a how to thread when I decide what to do with the harnesses.

Mike

yooper, yooper, FuzzyLogic and 1 others like this.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Lookin' good! I can only imagine how comfy they are. I have the cheapest Recaros (SEs, no longer made) in my Subaru, and everyone that sits in them loves them. Your Sparcos are obviously nicer, so they must feel great. And sitting lower makes such a difference - you feel like you're in the car rather than on the car, if that makes any sense. Just a couple inches lower seat height makes a huge difference in how you feel connected to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    And sitting lower makes such a difference - you feel like you're in the car rather than on the car, if that makes any sense. Just a couple inches lower seat height makes a huge difference in how you feel connected to the car.
    Boy is that ever true. Seems like the whole car is different. In a good way ofcourse

FuzzyLogic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I just went to my first full track event and i must say those seats have to go for two reasons.
    1) They dont go down far enough... my head hits the ceiling of the car with my helmet on.
    2) They have nearly zero support... i had to use my core to hold myself upright on the corners.
    I recommend getting yourself a CG Lock. It'll be $50 well spent, and might allow you to keep using your stock seats.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogic View Post
    I recommend getting yourself a CG Lock. It'll be $50 well spent, and might allow you to keep using your stock seats.
    it still wouldnt help me with hitting the roof of the car with a helmet on if i keep the stock seats.

Cranked- if I ever go through your state for work i'll have to make a detour to come and see how i would fit in those in person. They look great in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    i
    Cranked- if I ever go through your state for work i'll have to make a detour to come and see how i would fit in those in person. They look great in the car.
    I'm in between Milwaukee and Chicago. Stop by anytime.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Looks good Mike.
    BTW, been trying to get in touch, clear out your PM's, your inbox is full. I need to ask you a few ?'s

thx
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.