Sparco seats winter project (PICS) - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sparco seats winter project (PICS) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; well since i've been here you guys have given naf a hard time for which i have never understood why. ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Sparco seats winter project (PICS)

well since i've been here you guys have given naf a hard time for which i have never understood why. most forums look for people to try new things.

either way the more pics the better.

catch2otwo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS_V

any updates?

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Gonna be a month or two.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I owe you pics dont i....I will snap a few tonight of my seats and seatbelts for ya...I will post them tomorro mornin my time...

Naf

On FB look for Cadillac CTS - V. Display pic of the group is of the V doin a burnout with the smoke drifting to the left...You will find three high res pix of my passenger racing seat with seatbelt...

I always run out of space in this forum, and its not worth the headache...

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

www.flickr.com
    www.photobucket.com

Both of those are free. Not everybody has access to FB photos.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

naf rear spoiler:

THANKS NAF.. pics look great

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    Very clean install. They should have came that way from the factory. Does anyone know if the V2 recaros will fit?

catch2otwo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS_V

Quote Originally Posted by JFensty View Post
    Very clean install. They should have came that way from the factory. Does anyone know if the V2 recaros will fit?
    I think for the price you pay for the v2 recaros, you could get a really nice set of seats from any of the aftermarket companies and have a nicer seat with more benefits aka weight, bolstering etc

JFensty is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 Blk Cts-V
    That's true. But I drive my car all year and when there is a -20 wind chill those heated seats are nice to have.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

You can buy heated seat units on ebay. Buy a set and mount them under the skin.

Naf

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Thanks Naf. Pics of the B pillar belts would be helpful. PM me or post them up. I was going to use the Wesco Performance kit for mine http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/seatbelts.html, but I understand you used belts from a GXP (?). Did you say that the anchor points for the belts are already in the V? The Wesco kits provide you with instructions to drill the B pillar for the anchor point. Did you do this?
    The points are already in the car ready to be bolted...You just have to remove the plastic and you will find the female for the mechanism to be held in at. I am removin the engine next week and the car is off to the body shop for some paint and i will ask if they could remove the plastics for you to see the work done. I did get the seatbelts from a GXP, but you are really looking for a system that should be installed on the side, the VW will work as well as a Merc...Get black belts and not tan, they get dirty faster.

I will send you pics of my 6 point system next, that one is easy for the top two belts but a little harder for the two sides and the bottom one. I got my system from Matt at Specter, its the best quality and i have to say it turns heads

I have former rally mechs workin on my car and they bring some of the safety of that to my ride...

I got a flickr account so no more worries

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

I've made a small amount of progress so I'll throw out some teaser pics. I removed the passenger seat (5 minute job) and set one of the Sparcos in place to see how the overall seat dimensions fit in the cabin. The seats are a tad smaller width wise but look perfect for the V. The Sparco is only set in place on the floor since I haven't taken delivery of the seat sliders and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the (base) rails. Naf and Norm V used the stock rails which is an option, however I want to make sure I can get the seat lower to the floor to allow for some decent helmet clearance. I'll explore a universal rail kit before I decide. I promised not to start this project until much later but I was anxious to get a look.

yooper, yooper, alradco and 1 others like this.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Looking good. Close as possible to the floor is important for sure.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

now thats how a performance car interior should look.

if the 3pt belt system is ok I might be looking to give this a try.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.