Sparco seats winter project (PICS) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Sparco seats winter project (PICS) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yes, Todd Z of GT Track Days told me they will require the shoulder belts come thru the seat instead ...
    yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

Re: Sparco seats winter project (PICS)

Yes, Todd Z of GT Track Days told me they will require the shoulder belts come thru the seat instead of over the top for 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    For HPD events?

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    Yes, Todd Z of GT Track Days told me they will require the shoulder belts come thru the seat instead of over the top for 2012.
    Wow. I wonder if MVP is going to do that as well. I was hearing the opposite that too many HPD events are crowded with pseudo race cars and that some of these "track" cars are not a favorable risk to track insurers in HPDEs. That would drive up the cost of HPDE events.

You headed up to R Am this weekend?

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Also you need a resistor for the side impact airbags, very simple to install...
    More info on this? Also, would it be the same to remove the rear airbags? I don't need them either and want to ditch the weight.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd View Post
    More info on this? Also, would it be the same to remove the rear airbags? I don't need them either and want to ditch the weight.
    rear airbag?

yooper is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV and Caddy powered Chevy

I think Todd was talking about their event at Road America, Or it may have been his way of suggesting I get some seats, harness bar, and harness. With the sticky tires I spend more energy trying to stay in the seat. Very interested in your seat and belt project.

Can't make it this weekend, will be there Fri late afternoon for the tech inspection at Victorian Village. Hope to get the 35mm front sway bar and adjustable end links on tomorrow.
    Wow. I wonder if MVP is going to do that as well. I was hearing the opposite that too many HPD events are crowded with pseudo race cars and that some of these "track" cars are not a favorable risk to track insurers in HPDEs. That would drive up the cost of HPDE events.

You headed up to R Am this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I think Todd was talking about their event at Road America, Or it may have been his way of suggesting I get some seats, harness bar, and harness. With the sticky tires I spend more energy trying to stay in the seat. Very interested in your seat and belt project.

Can't make it this weekend, will be there Fri late afternoon for the tech inspection at Victorian Village. Hope to get the 35mm front sway bar and adjustable end links on tomorrow.
    I'll see you up there.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

In the passenger seat there is a sensor for the passenger side airbag, you will need to have it in the car or else your airbag light will always be lite. Also you need a resistor for the side impact airbags, very simple to install...

You need to get the sliding rails from sparco and use your original seat mount.

Lastly the for the four points you will need to have the shoulder straps come from where the rear seat is, and the sides will come from the rear bolt you have for the seat.

If you would like Pics let me know...I had a former Rally champ help me locate proper mounts for the seatbelt...

Being 6'2" does limit your car choice. But racing isnt for the grand, its for the petite and small...
    NAF
    damn that looks GREAT!!!!
    I did not know we could change our seats due to the seatbelts
    I'd love to see pictures of the mounting points of the seatbelts, and parts you used...
    post or email me...

catch2otwo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS_V

very interested in seeing the writeup especially the three point seat belt piece

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I'll see you up there.
    Don't forget to test-fit the TD wheels on the V2 brakes!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

yeah that 3 point mounting setup would be nice to see. I would be all for getting rid of these suburban based seats.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Don't forget to test-fit the TD wheels on the V2 brakes!
    10 4

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    yeah that 3 point mounting setup would be nice to see. I would be all for getting rid of these suburban based seats.
    Naf did this but getting any useable info from him is very difficult (pics etc). I still think the Westco kit will work.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Will Snap some more pix, but the car is in the shop for a brake light switch, and i am off to ireland for a weddin, i hear its 8c and i am comin from a comfy temp of 35c...

I will give you all the info i can, on the regular seatbelts, but yes you can use the pillar for the regular seatbelts, there is a spot for the bolt near the bottom, and you may use the seatbelts from the Pontiac GXP. I would recommend black instead of beige...

Search the posts for my airbag questions. It will tell you where to install.

If you want just pull the fuse on the airbags if you want to disable them all...I wanted to keep the steerin wheel and curtain for a little bit of safety

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Naf did this but getting any useable info from him is very difficult (pics etc). I still think the Westco kit will work.
    HAHA, very difficult to get info from me. Try doin something for the first time when ppl are laughin at ya...

The info is out there, i will post pix when i get back from dublin...

HAHA, very difficult to get info from me. Try doin something for the first time when ppl are laughin at ya...

The info is out there, i will post pix when i get back from dublin...
    Naf, chill. More people like your stuff than you think. Even the guys that give you sh*t once in awhile are curious about your stuff. Some of your stuff is off the chain but so what. Not everyone thinks alike. You push the envelope, people will push back. Get used to it. We just wish you could get us some more details on this seat install. Even if you don't do all your own work which lots of guys don't, you should be able to tell us how the 3 point system was fabed up. Not one pic from you showing the reel on the floor or the B pillar mount or where and how much you paid for the GXP belts. Details man details. It's good info. We 're dieing to see that kinda stuff. How about the Naf hood from Spectre. I'd love to see that. Not one picture or review. Have fun in Dublin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.