Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any interest in a procharger for our v1?

8K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  lollygagger8 
#1 ·
As you may or may not know procharger is based out of the Kansas City area. That is where myself and Perfect are from. I just got off of the phone with Procharger and offered my car as a beta. I would like to gage interest on the forum, and show them there is a market. They do not feel that there is a market at this time. I guess I will know by the response from you!!

#4 ·
The parts are cheaper for sure, the custom work not so much. It's no kit.

I think CTVMapper put up a bunch of links last year to the last procharged V. Do a search for it.

EPP used to do a kit long ago but no more. Good option if you know good fabricators.

#7 ·
Its not the fact that there is no market for it. More like, you can not make this into a kit for any shop or individual to install, this would make no business sense, yes, that is how much of a PITA it is.
It will never happen. Period. EPPs so called kit, was NOT a kit either. It was their fabricated steering bracket (because that needs to be changed) and the GTO bracket for the blower) and the rest was up to you! (basically all the plumbing and put it together, which is the headache and requires non-stop fabrication.

There is an obscene amount if customizing involved to have it work proper and clean! It took forever and a lot of work without hacking, like some have done. When I mean everything, I mean everything.

The ECM is in the way, the headlight nozzles need rerouting, the steering cooler needs re-locating, the horns need relocating, the rad should be shimmed forward to allow room, the brake lines need to be bend downwards to allow clearance on the blower crank pulley. A custom steering bracket is needed, relocated steering reservoir, GTO Main Brackets with custom Lower shimms as the bolts in the way. Main Bracket spacer GTO type, but modified to clear power steering pulley. The washer fluid pump/reservoir combo is huge and is IN THE WAY, this took a lot of work to keep, even legendary Bob Johnson had it removed - trust me, its a pain!. I am using 3" inter-cooler piping on the front side and 4" to the throttle.... BOTH plastic Fog light housings need modification.. so custom brackets after cutting it all up for clearance, fun for the first timer with a kit I would say! lol.
sigh...
the strut tower is god awful close to the inlet and requires modification of an FBody inlet hat - molding plastic (some light drilling to place a filter, some more to remove clearance of the housing. Pending intercooler choice, the front bumper rebar needs trimming. Not removal like many imports like to do...god dam dangerous.
The alternator housing needs trimming for the Volute end to clear the frame rail and the alternator. Custom fabing coolant hose required from upper rad to engine. just fun! There is currently NO solution to a Proper ATI Damper as FluidDamper does not exist any more... so custom lathing is required to have the Blower Pulley and crank blower pulley line up. You could run a DC033A-081 like I did and have it sit on top of the Damper, (but not keyed in the circle groove, like it SHOULD be! .) again, Im sure Procharger would DEFINATELY not like the idea of potential failure so they have to make custom stuff just for this!
(You have to use a corvette HUB to have the AC Pulley line up, but a GTO main damper, ATI had to custom drill and tap 3 extra holes, because procharger belt runs off the main serpentine. ATI was nice to **** that up for me and I had to do it myself anyways. (Nice tap job ATI!- not)

Again.. this is not all of it... .. there will never be a PROCHARGER KIT for a GEN 1 CTS-V. I say that with confidence!
My online doc on all of this is partial and not complete, sorry... I have tons of documents and just never bothered to finish posting, especially on the tuning side... not sure if I want to reveal all the secrets either. ;)

I say with confidence, this is done show like! which takes a ton of patience and not for the 'beginner' that is happy that he/she just installed headers.
I dont even think every shop could get this one right even if parts were put together to call a kit. and if they did, your bill is going to be huge.

#20 · (Edited)
Interested

http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performance/Procharger.htm
=
Again.. this is not all of it... .. there will never be a PROCHARGER KIT for a GEN 1 CTS-V. I say that with confidence!
My online doc on all of this is partial and not complete, sorry... I have tons of documents and just never bothered to finish posting, especially on the tuning side... not sure if I want to reveal all the secrets either. ;)
common man---poast them.. you wont be able to enjoy your secrets forever.. might as well share the wealth of information.

#8 ·
I'm interested...... Wait !! "No, I would have been interested" ......... I am so confused as to weather I am interested or I should have or wouldn't have been interested....Oh, I don't know :banghead:

Reactions: lollygagger8
#18 ·
What's up Ranger! Representing KC!!

I'm totally supportive of you getting your car modded for a Procharger but I have certainly read and heard of the headaches involved in such a "kit".

A forum member from this board wrote up a pretty awesome installation process:

http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performance/Procharger.htm

He did an awesome job explaining all of the parts and complexities that go along with a homemade Procharger installation into a V.

I'm definitely interested in seeing how this turns out and how much it might cost. More power can only be a good thing, right?

#21 ·
That thread sends shivers.... Not in the good way.

#26 ·
Actually, I think I paid Epp about $6500 for the D1 install I did first before the major build with the F1-a......... Now that one was Waaay more $$

#24 ·
EPP was in the 8 to 9k range based on recollection.

#28 ·
How you doing fellas? Just because Procharge don't make a kit it does not mean it can't be done. Here is a picture of my project with a huge F1c procharger. Its not complete but almost done. Its the LS6 stroked to a 383 with all forged internals and etc. The rear is a ford 8.8 IRS. The only things left to be done which is in the works now is 2 255lt feul pumps, fast fuel rails, delete mass air flow sensor, clean up some of the wiring, some minor fabications and tuning. Maybe sometime next week the car will be complete. I will keep the forum posted.

Attachments

#35 ·
Im local to naples.. let me know when your picking it up.. I would love to see this in person

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.