Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Any interest in a procharger for our v1?

8K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  lollygagger8 
#1 ·
As you may or may not know procharger is based out of the Kansas City area. That is where myself and Perfect are from. I just got off of the phone with Procharger and offered my car as a beta. I would like to gage interest on the forum, and show them there is a market. They do not feel that there is a market at this time. I guess I will know by the response from you!!

#34 ·
So you have a V and a Barret. A man that likes his toys :highfive:

#42 ·
Sorry guys!! Been a while but Procharger tells me that even with the interest on this and the other forums,that they have no plans to make a kit for our car. They feel that there is still not a viable market for it. I have been trying really hard but to no avail. I think alot of you knew the answer even though I did not. They told me there are 2 shops in KC that they sell at a huge discount because of thier purchase volume. One of the shops gave me a price of $6500 installed. So I am bouncing back and forth from Maggie(polished) to Procharger P1C.

#44 ·
Sorry guys!! Been a while but Procharger tells me that even with the interest on this and another forums,that they have no plans to make a kit for our car. They feel that there is still not a viable market for it. I have been trying really hard but to no avail. I think alot of you knew the answer even though I did not. They told me there are 2 shops in KC that they sell at a huge discount because of thier purchase volume. One of the shops gave me a price of $6500 installed. So I am bouncing back and forth from Maggie(polished) to Procharger P1C.
You better not mean P-1SC. These are too small for the 5.7L / 6L
Maxed out (max bearing speed) you will get 7-8psi at sea level, thats it.

P-1SC-1 - uses a smaller version of the D-1SC impeller and is also called an H.O. high output head unit. This is the typical head unit you would get with a standard GTO, Corvette, F-body kit(s).
P-1SC and P-1SC-1 are very different. (many dont realize this and mix the two often...)

I still dont believe the 'Market for' line... (its just an excuse and a very good business one at that, I suppose) BUT Its a tedious install regardless, not possible to make as an easy install kit, period. Me and a few others have thought long and hard, and you just cant make it an 'easy' kit no matter which way you do it. Too much, fitment issues, alternator trimming, trimming this, trimming that... just PITA.

Procharger on a V is a custom job, and will always be a custom job.

#46 ·
Its too bad this wont happen. I can understand why they are not interested being the V1 is now at least 4 years old and at such a small production compared to something like a new camaro it just doesn't have the possibility for a decent profit on their side. I don't think it has anything to do with the difficulty of an install I think they are more than capable of making it user friendly. If anyones seen the kits for f body camaros knows if there is any way they will find it. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.