StealthV Free-Flow-V Air Intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, StealthV Free-Flow-V Air Intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Free-Flow-V Air Intake...
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

StealthV Free-Flow-V Air Intake

Free-Flow-V Air Intake

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JOEYCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan

Re: StealthV Free-Flow-V Air Intake

2 CTS-V intakes revealed on the same day.

TypeR0149 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

looks very nicely made, I would love to see a dyno comp of all three intakes on the same car. I wonder which would yeild the most power, not peak but across the entire rev range

This system has been in development for months and perfected to meet my high engineering standards. The system has been performance tested before and after on my car with the B&B exhaust more than once.

For an honest back to back comparison, my challenge previously was to find a stock car locally for testing. That has now been taken care of and we'll be putting it to the test this weekend. Along with my modified car for validation yet again. For the final test, the Free-Flow-V system will be tested on a no-holds bared, tested and tuned, long tube header equipped CTS-V. There will be no outrageous claims of horsepower from SVE, only the facts.

For the price, I do not have a dyno (yet) in the back room like the others, nor the volume purchasing price. My product is unique and not another copy-cat. Buy the one of the competitions if you think it is better. I know which one really is the best.

I love America!

To shed a little light on the development of the Free-Flow-V Air Intake - many months ago, my first air intake design I built was the box and cone-style filter, similar to the other products on the market today. It was extremely cost effective, but not the best overall solution. From there, four design generations of improvements and testing led to the current product today.

The Free-Flow-V design may look simple and it is. That's just good engineering - KISS. What one doesn't see is that only the silicone connector and t-bolt clamps are off the shelf items. The rest are either special ordered or made in house to my specifications.

Performance validation of previous test numbers will be completed on two vehicles this weekend. Stay "tuned" for more details.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Thank you for including pictures of the Air Intake. I now see what all is involved with the design, and am able to make a decision on whether or not I will purchase one.

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

StealthV, I read on you site about your gunmetal HRE's. I want to see pics!!

Dynotech Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

stealthv-
    If you want this product accurately tested on a vehicle that everyone on this website is familiar with already regarding power output, (Paul's 2004 CTS-V; CTSVLS6) than send us a kit to install and test here, for which we'll post the results. We have no vested interest in the outcome either way, so the testing schedule would obviously be unbiased by a third party. (DTE) When we're finished, we can send it back to you if you wish, or if it makes the power increase you claim, I'm sure Paul will buy it from you without question. This can be a win-win situation for you if your product performs as claimed. The offer is open, so give us a call if you're interested. (260)407-5455

Best Regards,
    Phil Rickard
    President/Owner
    Dynotech Engineering, Inc.

PneuBird is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Great Idea DTE ....How about it Stealth V?

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...81&postcount=6

Looks like you may want to address this also there SV.

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...81&postcount=6

Looks like you may want to address this also there SV.
    Good point Lingenfelter makes - I'd like to know the answer to this also.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Steath,
    What's the K&N filter part number one would use to go along with your kit?

VinMan out....

Using a mean 90% volumetric efficiency, a LS6 engine moves 585.7 cubic feet of air per minute at 6500 RPM. Using this volumetric flow rate and the cross-sectional area of the Free-Flow-V aluminum intake tube, the intake air travels through the aluminum tube at 103.3 miles per hour.

Only six inches of the aluminum tube are exposed to the convection (not conduction!) heat transfer of the engine compartment. In those six inches of length, the intake air takes a grand total of 0.0033 seconds to move through the aluminum tube.

Yep, a whole three point three thousands of a second. The laws of convective heat transfer prove that 527.1 cubic feet per minute of air, exposed to the interior walls of the aluminum tube for 0.0033 seconds results in an immeasurable amount of heat transfer to the intake charge. Additionallly, using the cofficients of thermal conductivity to calculate the difference between polyethylene and aluminum, results in only a 28% difference in the overall heat transfer rate.

No matter the intake tube material, it will be the temperature of the surrounding environment. It is basic law of heat transfer. Heat always flows from warmer things to colder things until they are the same temperature. Nothing can stop that. Any mechanical engineer that wasn't asleep through fluid dynamics and heat transfer knows these fundamental principles.

The Free-Flow-V air intake retains the well designed, twin-cold-air ducted factory air box. The stock filter is replaced with a higher flowing K&N. A trivial advantage exists there, correct? The stock tube is replaced with a constant volumetric cross section, larger diameter tube, connected to a bellows-free, larger radius elbow to the throttle body. More easily tangible advantages, correct? It works because every piece of the CTS-V’s system was optimized, not compromised.

The competitive intake systems did not get their performance gains by building a box. They got the performance gains by simply installing a very inexpensive, generic 4” K&N cone filter surrounded by a simple divider plate. The divider plate is only there because the cold-air fed, factory sealed box seems to have gone missing. Add up the cost of the components you get in the other systems like you've done for the Free-Flow-V system. Are you truly getting the best engineered value for your dollar?

Third party, unbiased testing has been previously arranged for quite some time. It will be completed as quickly as humanly possible.

The K&N filter is not an over the counter piece. If you would like to enjoy the performance advantages it brings to the table, please place an order for the complete system.

Put aside your scitomas and make an honest comparison between the systems and choose the one that best meets your needs and has the best value. This is America, you are free to choose. The world is full of infinite opportunities, make intelligent choices.

steve711 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nice in-depth Well said post.
    Stealth you'v got me sold.
    As soon as im ready for a CAI,your's will be in my V.
    Worth the wait !
    :coolgleam

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

......awaiting further test result postings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.