Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Feeler thread for TVS 1900/2300 upgrade kit

6K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  ichpen 
#1 ·
Gents,

Going to put this out as a separate feeler thread as I'm not sure anyone's read my TVS 2300 upgrade tales.

I'm looking to see if there's interest in a custom bracket/pulley kit for a sort of a TVS 2300/1900 upgrade kit. Now, just to be clear not asking for money (as my own project hasn't completed yet). Pics will be posted once I get the custom parts.

I've done the blueprinting and proofing for a custom pulley/bracket system that will allow you to run a TVS2300 head unit (or a 1900) on a stock LS2 V with a little bit of clearancing but more importantly no aftermarket hood is needed. This is on stock heads (no need to upgrade to LS3 heads). Should work on an LS6 but you'll need to get an aftermarket front brace (I think lingenfelter does them).

Basically if everything works out with my car I can have the machinist produce an additional batch of pulleys/brackets. These will fit onto a stock TVS head unit.

The way I see it this going down is as an upgrade for mp112 owners or a fresh install (you'll need to source the box 2 components from your dealer of choice). For those upgrading, the work involved is fairly straightforward (no major cutting involved) and it will allow you to run OD rear pulleys on the TVS if you so desire.

If anyone has the vaguest of interest let me know otherwise I will just go ahead with my fab job and leave it at that.

Cheers.

Nik

See less See more
#2 ·
Interested. Let me know what kind of money will be involved.

#4 ·
I'd be interested in a 1900 option vs the older MP112. That said, just to be clear, I'd have a hard time doing it based on a kit "some guy" put together. Don't take offense at that, just the way it is. If Mangnuson or someone offered a 1900 kit, I'd be interested. I'd love to see the Lingenfelter kit come down in price, or to see Edelbrock offer their E-force kit for the V.

I'm definitely interested to see your work though!

#5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep you guys posted. Cost for the bracket/pulleys would be fairly insignificant, probably in the region of 3-400 but not sure yet. Need to chat to the machinist and will largely depend on how many batches we do.

Regarding kits, magnuson will never ever sell a dedicated TVS kit for our Vs. I don't think they're making mp112 kits either any more. I've talked to them extensively on the topic of the TVS and no interest.

Having said that the kits for the C6, GTO and other ls2/ls6 variants are pretty close. I'm talking box 2 (not the headunits here). So you can pick one up at any time to complete the kit.

What I'm saying is for a new non-supercharged car you can piece it together. Yes, there will be variations but it's doable on the cheap. For mp112, it's a lot more plug and play.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

#7 ·
Yes you can get the head unit from magnuson though I always recommend going via a dealer as the pricing and service is better. I know Thomas here from Hendrix has good prices as do a number of other large volume dealers. 3 weeks away from the machinist so will revive this thread in due course.

P.S. I'd need a good 5 orders to get good pricing on the custom pulleys/brackets.

#8 ·
My blower is off right now and I've been looking at the 2300 case and rotors and I think its very doable. Not sure if you know this but Lingenfelter has a TVS2300 jackshaft rear mount. Its about 330 but they do have one, just not sure if our stock jackshaft will work with it. On a side note, the new MP1900 that magnuson has has the exact bolt spacing at our 112.

I will be all over this as long as the price is close to what you quoted so put me on the list.

#10 ·
Jackshaft isn't the problem, nor is the rear. It's the front that's the issue. Magnuson sells all sorts of jackshafts.

When you say bolt spacing which bolts are you referring to?

Nik

#11 ·
You need a specific head unit and the majority of the magnuson kit unless you source your own parts (which always turns out cheaper and better).

You also need to consider not running too much boost on a stock bottom end. Going over 550/600rwhp you're introducing strong risks for bearing failure amongst other things.

#12 ·
Okay I wasn't sure were the problem was as I dont actually have one in hand yet. The bolt spacing I am referring to is the bolt spacing for the head unit. The 1900 would bolt right on. The distance from center to center is 4.05" on the 112 and the 1900. The bolt spacing on the 2300 is 5". At least on the models I was looking at.

#13 ·
Oh you mean just the head unit case not the manifold. Yeah, guess that might work also. I see what you mean now.

I'm looking more at a complete proper retrofit of headunit plus lower/upper mani and all the issues surrounding it. That is very possible. Just trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest way to do it.

I did look at the 1900 case/internal swap, but too small for my current block so would've been a waste of time. For someone running a stock motor it would be a worthy upgrade I guess.

#14 ·
Yeah I'm forged but still a 346. I would love to have a 2300 but with the 1900 just bolting right on my manifold all I would have to figure out is the jackshaft which really shouldn't be that big of a deal. I work at a place that has a full machine shop down stairs. I would just have to pay someone off to make it lol or I could get some aircraft prints and they would think it's going on an airbus or something lol

A full in swap wouldn't be bad though because you can always sell the 112 with manifold and recoup some of the cost.

#17 ·
Yep, that's another good alternative if you can figure out the parts. Dimension wise they're not too far off. You'd probably need to do some measuring to figure out the exact jackshaft you need. And if the front lines up you're golden. That's actually the hardest part. I know the 2300 has quite a different front bracket orientation. The problem is magnuson is well magnuson. They never return calls and are usually a bit lost when you call them with some special requirements. So be prepared to do your own homework.

Also there are many variations of the 1900/2300. Depending on the location of the housing as it sits on the mani. Not sure if bolt patterns are different so be prepared to ask those questions. For example a C6 TVS sits noticeable more forward on the mani than a G8 TVS and all the associated parts i.e. jackshafts/brackets differ.

#20 ·
Any updates? Saw the 112 for sale so something must have worked out!!

#21 ·
Bump!!!!

#22 ·
Yeah, it's installed and running, you missed my other thread with a video. :)

#23 ·
More details please!

#27 ·
I just checked on a G8 TVS snout and they told me 111 and some change.

#31 · (Edited)
I know box 1 is the blower. And yes eaton, not magnuson, my mistake, too many s/c on my mind right now. I'd rather not deal with any of them honestly, really of no help whatsoever. The 112 had a dyno graph somewhere, will track it down and yes quite shocking to see.

Not really sure about edelbrock, this is what I've heard from shoppers but right now they are showing about 1.5k higher on their kits retail.

Anyway, lost track of what we were on about here.

#33 ·
They can keep the E-force. That freakin thing is ugly as all hell. Now a 2300 sitting on top out in the open looks MUCH better IMHO. Did I mention I bought a TVS2300 head unit and am getting ready to start mock up? I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Head unit should be here any day now.

#34 ·
ctsv154 said:
They can keep the E-force. That freakin thing is ugly as all hell. Now a 2300 sitting on top out in the open looks MUCH better IMHO. Did I mention I bought a TVS2300 head unit and am getting ready to start mock up? I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Head unit should be here any day now.
the e force is a 2300. Unless your referring to the Maggie. Either way the guts are eaton. How much was your head unit and which Plenum did you get? Did you get a g8 setup?

#35 ·
I know they are both eaton TVS2300's. I just think the Edelbrock looks horrible. Well even the LS9 snd LSA blowers look bad I think. My TVS is just a magnuson head unit only. I plan to bolt it in place of the 112 and use some G8 parts to bring it all together.

I'm also interested in what you did for fuel ichpen.

#37 ·
I just posted what I learned with the Deatschwerks fuel pump. I havent installed it yet so if you want any pics of the unit let me know and Ill send them to you. I also have the tool for removing the fuel pump ring if you want to borrow it.
BTW - your Maggie may look better, but my E-Force is going to look faster :devil:

Good to see this going. Gents, be prepared for some mild 'cutting' into the underside of the hood. It's not ugly if you spend some time doing it.
Im hoping my cutting will be minimal compared to a maggie with the Edelbrock E-Force lower Profile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.