Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Did threaten to do it. With a bit of improvisation these mounts give your shock a very proper swiveling movement ...
    ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Success - C5/C6 pfadt spherical shock mounts go on

Did threaten to do it. With a bit of improvisation these mounts give your shock a very proper swiveling movement and angle, and zero deflection.

I'll go into some detail as to what was improvised and engineered but all in all pretty easy to do. Quite a big difference in the rear (much much tighter and no longer squeaking from the rubber).

Pics of old (this is what I mean by rubber carnage) and new mounts on the upper rear shocks attached.

Old, wondered what the hell could've mangled it. Only thing I can think of is that the angle was wrong so eventually the rubber gave too much play and massaged that top washer into something that came out of those coin pressing machines you see at amusement parks.

Mounts were the new pfadt spherical swiveling upper shock mounts (made of nice delrin, yes we like it).

OLD:

OLD:

NEW:

NEW:

NEW:

Mounted back up:

Notice the new 'proper' angle of the mounts (way it should've been).

Huge improvement on noise and feel in the rear now. Mind you coming from the rubber mess above putting in a tin can up there probably would've improved it.

Anyway, just saying for those of you with aftermarket shocks or busted upper mounts we have a very viable option.

P.S. It's $250 for a set of 4. You can only use a pair so I have a pair left. If anyone wants to save some money it's $125 + modest shipping.

Drop me an email: ichpen@gmail.com

Link to the actual mounts: http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/p...roducts_id/139

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Re: Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on

Email sent.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

And they're sold to you sir. Thanks for the prompt response.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Cranked is a poopface.

Sorry........however at least my car is running........I should have first dibs.
    CTS V Redline 05 . MOTOR-- Katech LS6 stage II H&C, Kooks 1 3/4, FAST102 w Nick W 102 TB, Corsa, Lingenfelter CAI, Stealth intake tube, UUC shifter,UUC motor, trans and diff mount. Exedy GT04SD Twin Disk clutch . Mocal oil cooler BRAKES/SUSPENSION-- UUC 2 pc. rotors, Hotchkiss sways, KW V3s coil overs, MAP trailing arms, SW cradle bushings and BMR toe rods, corner weighed. Team Dynamics ProRace wheels, 275/35/18 GAC Hoosier (track). Allston Rollbar, Sparco seats and Schroth harnesses.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

it looks like you changed the bracket too. what did you use?? and where did you purchase them??

I can go halves....let me know.

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Big A, I'll go in halfsies with you. Email me.

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    Sorry........however at least my car is running........I should have first dibs.

rimshot

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by verywhitedevil View Post
    it looks like you changed the bracket too. what did you use??
    Yeah, that.

C5 flange.....right ichpen? Although you told me the stock will work (which you described as rubbery) as well.

Yep, old flange off a C5. It was hollowed out already hence why we used it and as you can see my stock rubber was mangled nicely. The stock should work also. You may want to cut out the rubbery bit first to give you enough room to install the top spherical mount. Depends on how long the top pin is on your shocks. I know the length varies between shock makers.

Personally I'd ditch the stock flange/bracket and just get a metal solid one. Any vette one will work as they're all the same size. Just need a couple of pairs of bolts and nuts of similar size.

P.S> Sold it already to the crankedup young fellow.

You guys can just go halfsies on new sets. They're $250 for 4.

Shame that I can't make these work up front with our silly shock bushing arrangement.

Nik

Extra parts you may need: a few thick washers (as you can see from the pic). Top washer you can reuse, you may want to put a washer on the bottom also.
    Brackets/flanges that are hollowed out and/or solid. Though you can optionally just install the bottom spherical mount only. It'll still swivel but obviously will be rubberized on top. Or cut out the rubber bushing from the stock bracket. Shouldn't be hard. It's pretty soft rubber.

And this was the first thing that my suspension shop recommended I do after they checked out the car.

Now to figure out how to un-seize my stupid BMR rear tie rods.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Some heat and PB!
    lollygagger8 and lollygagger8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Some heat and PB!
    The teflon liner (assuming it has it) would melt with heat. If it's seized, it's time to replace the joint.

Yep, easy enough to replace. And thread started on what size the heim joint is on the BMRs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.