Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Be great if Vorshlag Motorsports offered some parts for the V1 even if all they did was validate existing parts ...
    garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Re: Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on

Be great if Vorshlag Motorsports offered some parts for the V1 even if all they did was validate existing parts for bimmers worked. Has anybody contacted them at v1 parts or cross over part validation?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

If someone can get me some measurements, I can ask. I've had some dealings with the Vorshlag guys before, so I've got a bit of a connection. (My car is off at the tuner and won't be back until next week, otherwise I'd just take the measurement myself.)

I've got my FG2 dampers out in the garage, so I can get some measurements off the shaft of the damper - diameter of the shaft itself, thread pitch, length of the threads. If someone could let me know what the spacing is on the studs for the mount itself that would be great.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

OK, I've done my part. One of you get in your trunk and spend a few seconds taking the measurement for the bolt/stud spacing on the mount. I won't see my car until next week some time, so I can't get the measurement myself.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

I use the PFADT's with my FG2's

I have an extra set of the C5 mounts, the ones you need to use with the PFADT's, for sale. shoot me PM if interested.

Junior1 is offline Cadillac Owners Racer
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2011 Escalade ESV

Post up a pic of what needs to be made or the AST ones. I think I know a place that already makes something that might work. Otherwise, maybe I can get Anze Suspension to make something up...
    2005 cadillac cts-v.r #83 nasa st3 . 2011 escalade esv . 2011 sierra denali

I finally got a chance to measure the stud spacing on the rear mounts (it's ~100mm) and shot a PM to Terry Fair, the owner of Vorshlag, about possibly using the AST mounts previously discussed in this thread. He replied that they (Vorshlag) make a number of spherical top mounts, have a few more designs about to be released, and might be willing to take on this application as well. I sent an email to product_suggestions@vorshlag.com to propose they add the CTS/CTS-V to their repertoire of top mounts.

A couple thoughts:
    (1) Any of you folks who did the Pfadt top mounts still have your stock ones around? If Vorshlag is going to pursue this, it would obviously be good for them to have an actual top mount to measure. I can send them an FG2 shock to measure (to back up my sweet diagram that I drew), but I don't have any spare top mounts.
    (2) Anyone know if the 2nd gen CTS uses the same top mount? That would open up a larger market.

I8URSVT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS-V

Interested in these, no spare mounts though. HOpefully someone has one layin around. Thanks for your efforts!

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

In the interest of getting the best performance possible out of my newly-purchased KW Variant 3 coilovers, I'm going to try to get RSM measurements for several other cars in the hopes of finding a compatible mount. I have already short-listed several C5/C6 mounts, as well as a Ground Control product and the Vorschlag E46 mount and the AST mount for their 4100 series C5/C6 coilovers.

If there are any people still interested, let me know. I need to grab center-of-center measurements for te side bolts, the diameter of the KW Variant 3 shaft, and the diameter of the middle hole.

jclayc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Fuzzy, I'm interested (and will actually cough up the $ when the time comes). I've got KWv3s on my 05 - do you need those measurements?

FuzzyLogic is offline Banned

I can get the measurements once the kit arrives next week. I won't turn away help, though!

garrettg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Does anybody understand why pfadt discontinued these mounts? I know people want to use them on the rear shocks of the v1 but it would be helpful to understand why the market for the c5/c6(which uses these on all 4 absorbers) can't support the aftermarket part.

Is the stock c5/c6 mount superior to the v1 rear mount with regard to deflection? Seems like somebody during this thread bought used c5/c6 rear shocks and swapped them.

I just shot Vorshlag's design guy an email to get an update on the part they're designing. As of early Feb he had told me the prototype would be done in early March, but I haven't pinged on him since.

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I just shot Vorshlag's design guy an email to get an update on the part they're designing. As of early Feb he had told me the prototype would be done in early March, but I haven't pinged on him since.
    Got an e-mail back from vorshlag. He said they would be sending me a prototype potentially sometime in April to test fit and try out. very excited about this!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

If they would just make the rear spherical bearing they use in the C5 available, it will work in the V1.

Go to the bottom of this page and look at the options for the C5 rear shock mount.

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=362

Have you checked these: http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/RSM.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.