Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Success - C5/C6 pfadt shock mounts go on

13K views 73 replies 23 participants last post by  heavymetals 
#1 · (Edited)
Success - C5/C6 pfadt spherical shock mounts go on

Did threaten to do it. With a bit of improvisation these mounts give your shock a very proper swiveling movement and angle, and zero deflection.

I'll go into some detail as to what was improvised and engineered but all in all pretty easy to do. Quite a big difference in the rear (much much tighter and no longer squeaking from the rubber).

Pics of old (this is what I mean by rubber carnage) and new mounts on the upper rear shocks attached.

Old, wondered what the hell could've mangled it. Only thing I can think of is that the angle was wrong so eventually the rubber gave too much play and massaged that top washer into something that came out of those coin pressing machines you see at amusement parks.

Mounts were the new pfadt spherical swiveling upper shock mounts (made of nice delrin, yes we like it).

OLD:

OLD:

NEW:

NEW:

NEW:

Mounted back up:

Notice the new 'proper' angle of the mounts (way it should've been).

Huge improvement on noise and feel in the rear now. Mind you coming from the rubber mess above putting in a tin can up there probably would've improved it.

Anyway, just saying for those of you with aftermarket shocks or busted upper mounts we have a very viable option.

P.S. It's $250 for a set of 4. You can only use a pair so I have a pair left. If anyone wants to save some money it's $125 + modest shipping.

Drop me an email: ichpen@gmail.com

Link to the actual mounts: http://www.pfadtracing.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/139

See less See more
#35 ·
Found a place that has several sets of the C5 rear upper shock mounts, cheap. Not going to mention company as they're not a vendor here.

Heck of a deal for those needing the mounts, and nice guy to talk with on the phone.

The upper mounts and bolts I can sell you for $19 shipped.
Thanks,
Marc
615-896-6100

#42 ·
Hey no worries. And to those that can't get a hold of them, I'm selling/swapping my penske shocks so I'll throw in my set of upper shock mounts. :) It's one expensive way to get a hold of a set admittedly.

Nik

#44 ·
I actually work for Pfadt Race Engineering. They were a part that filled a niche, those guys with C5/C6 looking to stay legal for stock class Autox with our sport shocks (or another adjustable shock package) but get increased response by going from rubber/poly to delrin upper mounts. They aren't difficult to manufacture, but never sold in the volume required to keep a part on the shelf. We're honestly a little surprised they're working for CTS-V's as they were never intended for V use. I would hate to have someone buy corvette rear upper mount plates assuming they can still purchase our upper mounts and not be able too. It sounds like there are a couple users on the forums here who might have a couple left over from their installs... just keep in mind that you can no longer purchase our sport shock upper mounts through us.

#46 ·
Anybody still have a set to split?

#49 ·
I'm interested in splitting a pair. Fairly certain that the squeaking I'm experiencing on the right rear is due to the existing mount. Tried lubricating all rubber parts with silicon to no avail. If you're interested, drop me a line.

In the meantime, I'm going to ensure that I'm not throwing money at an issue that doesn't exist, but it's hard to drive the car and find the squeak at the same time.

#50 ·
Get them quick. As you know they don't make them anymore so this would be the last stock.

#52 ·
which one? I had quite a collection.

Worst one was probably from the trailing arm bushings.
Then upper shock rubber piece was squeeking like hell. The pfadt mounts resolved that. Not sure what other one you're referring to is.

You can check if you're hitting the bump stop by dabbing some putty/paste/sticky liquid only on the bump stop. Drive car around to places where you think you're bottoming out. Check if paste/putty has transferred to your shock body, if it has you've hit the bump stop. If it hasn't you're not hitting it.

#62 ·
If someone can get me some measurements, I can ask. I've had some dealings with the Vorshlag guys before, so I've got a bit of a connection. (My car is off at the tuner and won't be back until next week, otherwise I'd just take the measurement myself.)

I've got my FG2 dampers out in the garage, so I can get some measurements off the shaft of the damper - diameter of the shaft itself, thread pitch, length of the threads. If someone could let me know what the spacing is on the studs for the mount itself that would be great.

#65 · (Edited)
Post up a pic of what needs to be made or the AST ones. I think I know a place that already makes something that might work. Otherwise, maybe I can get Anze Suspension to make something up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.