Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'll bet Brian has lots and lots of pics of "paperweights."...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally.

I'll bet Brian has lots and lots of pics of "paperweights."
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

Haha. Randy, you have no idea. I could fill a garage with them. I use to keep the broken stuff until my gf finally made me take a bunch to the scrap yard. Driveshaft, axles, clutches, broken rotors from burnouts, piston, LS2 shortblock, grooved out crank pulleys, more axles, lol. Not to mention all the stock parts that were scattered around....new parts waiting to be installed.

Now I am only allowed to keep the really cool trophies and pictures of the regular carnage.
    HAMSTAR and HAMSTAR like this.

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Haha. Randy, you have no idea. I could fill a garage with them. I use to keep the broken stuff until my gf finally made me take a bunch to the scrap yard. Driveshaft, axles, clutches, broken rotors from burnouts, piston, LS2 shortblock, grooved out crank pulleys, more axles, lol. Not to mention all the stock parts that were scattered around....new parts waiting to be installed.

Now I am only allowed to keep the really cool trophies and pictures of the regular carnage.
    All this carnage, and you're still on the stock 4th gen diff, right? What kinds of axles are you running?

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Which RPS clutch did you get?

I did have problems with the LS9. I broke two pressure plates. The straps broke on both. After I properly broke each one in, I drove it like I stole it. The second one leased about three weeks. My guess is that they simply cannot hold up to ZR1 Hp/TQ levels when the vehicle weighs in at two tons and is consistently abused.

My RPS has been a trooper for 15 months. I have not changes my driving habits and it's just now starting to have shifting issues at high rpms after getting it really hot. I'm hoping it's just the stock slave that is giving up but I'm not counting on it.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HAMSTAR View Post
    All this carnage, and you're still on the stock 4th gen diff, right? What kinds of axles are you running?
    Stock 4th gen diff and drive through the wheelhop for about two years without any concern for its wellbeing with stock axles. Most carnage was done with Gforce axles and stock CV's. I now have the DSS 1000 Hp axles.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    Which RPS clutch did you get?
    Organic/carbon fiber. Not sure what other 'options' there are. I had someone order it for me so I don't know the specifics.

PISNUOFF Guest

I blame these ring/pinion pieces 100% on HAMSTAR!!!! Lol

HAMSTAR is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Wut, don't blame me dude! That's a direct result of Aftermarket Racing Exhaust!

Still, sorry to see. Is your diff OK?

PISNUOFF Guest

Haha. And wide pipes. It's the same as it was before I swapped the fluid today. It's been over a year since I change it. I did also find the bolts on my DSS axles loose today. One almost backed all the way out.

... I did also find the bolts on my DSS axles loose today. One almost backed all the way out.
    Yikes!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

PISNUOFF Guest

Add two more ripped to shreds motor mounts. Just installed a set of Revshift ones. Also found that my headers had burned through two layers of Fiberglas heat tape into my alternator wire. Maybe that's been the cause of my battery dieing after two days of sitting and the battery charging light. Lol

Brian, we need a thread just for your carnage.

Make that a stickie.
    PISNUOFF and PISNUOFF like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.