Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by PISNUOFF Mine will be for sale at a discounted price after I get it warrantied, again. My ...
    CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

Re: Got Katech LS9 Clutch Kit Installed ... finally.

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Mine will be for sale at a discounted price after I get it warrantied, again. My miles were like pissed off teenager miles.
    Your LS9 ?

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVmapper View Post
    Your LS9 ?
    Yes, my LS9.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Hey, Brian, exactly what was that LS9 setup again that had issues?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

I'm in the market for a new clutch. Is the LS9 the way to go? My Twin Disk is slipping bad at the track yesterday.

xbladr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was thinking LS7 as im stock power just minor bolt ons but it seems like theres just as many happy people with it as upset people

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    I'm in the market for a new clutch. Is the LS9 the way to go? My Twin Disk is slipping bad at the track yesterday.
    The LS9 is one option, but if you are hard on clutches I would also look at the twin disc offerings from Exedy and RPS.

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Have had good luck with the katech ls9 x and r clutches, and RPS.

From what I have seen, the street slayer carbon/billet cluches from Hendrix have excellent power handling capabilities and drive very easy, they are very popular with the 5th gen camaro community. I have never personally run one, but it would be my choice when I need a twin or triple. There are quite a few 700+ rwhp camaros switching to this clutch from other's that haven't held up or they've had problems with.

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    Dennis, my car is under wraps with no insurance on it, so can't let you try it out for the moment. How soon do you think you need a clutch? The LS9 is really nice ... pricey ... but nice. Don't have personal knowledge of the other options out there.

How did the track go, btw, besides some slipping clutch issues?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

The clutch was slipping on the 1st run in 2nd gear and ran a 14.9 and a 19.9 on the 2nd. The only good thing is my reaction time of .05 and .04. Did Brian had problems with the LS9 Clutch? I heard Katech uses the Fidanza Flywheel and was wondering if I can get it resurface and by a new clutch and pressure plate?

NC-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

The Katech LS9 flywheel comes with a a replaceable wear surface.

PISNUOFF Guest

I did have problems with the LS9. I broke two pressure plates. The straps broke on both. After I properly broke each one in, I drove it like I stole it. The second one leased about three weeks. My guess is that they simply cannot hold up to ZR1 Hp/TQ levels when the vehicle weighs in at two tons and is consistently abused.

My RPS has been a trooper for 15 months. I have not changes my driving habits and it's just now starting to have shifting issues at high rpms after getting it really hot. I'm hoping it's just the stock slave that is giving up but I'm not counting on it.

LS9 pics:

PISNUOFF Guest

More LS9 pics.

Surfaces were still 'like new'

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Surfaces were still 'like new'
    that's an expensive paperweight.. did the GM warranty it?

PISNUOFF Guest

Yes, but only because I knew the dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.