Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I will note that it needs to be closer to the lumbar switch. I put mine a little too far ...
    GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Re: Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand?

I will note that it needs to be closer to the lumbar switch. I put mine a little too far forward and had to make a spacer to bring the switch up a bit. The wiring below was hitting the metal seat track. It's just smooth, curved metal, but the bunch wasn't seating in the hole like it should have.

Mn800r is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Decisions decisions...sucks to here about the shit service!, Maryland speed handles them, I wonder if you order through them and have problems if the service would be better? They are a sponsor, hope they pipe in.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl
    From my cutouts in front of the mufflers I ran the wires through a 5/8" hole I drilled in the forward-center location of the spare tub. I ran the lines through that and under the carpet all the way to under the driver's seat. I asked for 20ft, but don't think I got that much. Always ask for more than you think you need. I tapped the power wires with piggy-back style clips into the seat motors wiring. The switch is mounted just in front of the lumbar adjust in the left side of the driver's seat. Nobody seems to notice when I reach down to open them. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Times Two

PISNUOFF Guest

That's where I put mine also. However, I ran the wires through a grommet that was already there in the driver side rear wheel well then forward to the driver seat. My DMH low profiles have worked flawlessly for two years now. I open and close them all the time. They are plenty loud outside the vehicle, but a little less ridiculous inside the cabin when placed just before the mufflers.

jeph054, jeph054, NCOGNITO and 1 others like this.

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    That's where I put mine also. However, I ran the wires through a grommet that was already there in the driver side rear wheel well then forward to the driver seat. My DMH low profiles have worked flawlessly for two years now. I open and close them all the time. They are plenty loud outside the vehicle, but a little less ridiculous inside the cabin when placed just before the mufflers. ]
    Awesome, thanks Brian! Pictures of the infamous "freaking racing exhaust" featured in the YouTube Video! That's exactly how I plan to do mine, post TPIS headers, cats and stock resonator and just before the mufflers. I think GDPossehl has the closest setup to what I have ... Thanks to everyone for the contributions, need to get on ordering and knock it out!

PISNUOFF Guest

Haha, yeah...."and wide pipes."

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by PISNUOFF View Post
    Haha, yeah...."and wide pipes."
    I had forgotten about the "wide pipes" and had to go back and watch the video again. LOLz. I love your 3rd gear dump hahaha.

For those that haven't seen it ... BEWARE - NOT WORK SAFE excessive language and F-BOMBs ...

LS6Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mn800r View Post
    Decisions decisions...sucks to here about the shit service!, Maryland speed handles them, I wonder if you order through them and have problems if the service would be better? They are a sponsor, hope they pipe in.
    Unfortunately not. I bought mine through Maryland Speed... talk to someone at Maryland, they HATE dmh and get no better service. They don't even get their calls returned either.

Mn800r is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

That's crazy!, I suppose when you make thee or one of he best you can get away with it unfortunately.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.