Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by GDPossehl Trust me, where I have them it's very loud. It's difficult to tell in my video ...
    NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Re: Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand?

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    Trust me, where I have them it's very loud. It's difficult to tell in my video because the camera's mic is self leveling. The headers increased the volume substantially. The stock cats are practically mufflers in themselves.
    Thanks for the video, that's all the convincing I need. I have TPIS headers/CATs paired with stock resonator and mufflers, so a very similar setup to yours. Open headers even with the stock engine is mind boggling and not quite the "tone" I'm looking for.

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Anyone have or know where I can get the DHM cut outs? I checked a couple months back and there was never a answer when calling, looking for used or NIB if anyone has a set.

I've heard good things about the QTPs from the local shop in Raleigh. Essentially the same design and QTP is still answering the phone IF you have problems with them? Might be a better way to go than trying to source ones with no support available?

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/OVAL/

Good point, the problem is QTP'S square frame is larger than DHM'S... I have a huge clearance problem with 1 7/8 kooks and lowering kit...thanks tho

jc09ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 cts Vsport
    How much does this system cost? And are there near the same hp gains as if you we're to get a full exhaust system??

Bigtuna819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

qtp's are around $400.. I'm in the same boat, I was looking to get the dmh, but it looks like qtps are the only option now. As far as hp gains... Definitely would see more hp from a full exhaust, with cutouts we're prolly losing tq with the less back pressure. But I fine with that, I sometimes want the quieter ride for the long roadtrips.

TheLostDriver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Dmh has always been made to order FYI. I didn't know that about the qtp ones so I guess I'll go with dmh when I get mine

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDriver View Post
    Dmh has always been made to order FYI. I didn't know that about the qtp ones so I guess I'll go with dmh when I get mine
    Where are you getting DHM's?.

He's saying DMH purchases were made to order, most companies didn't have a stock of them laying around to sell. I read this somewhere else online too, hence why no one has any at this point. I'm taking the plunge on QTP's in the very near future - 2-3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO View Post
    He's saying DMH purchases were made to order, most companies didn't have a stock of them laying around to sell. I read this somewhere else online too, hence why no one has any at this point. I'm taking the plunge on QTP's in the very near future - 2-3 weeks.
    Thanks for clearing that for me, makes sense... I may have to take a harder look also...clearance is my only concern.

Ny's Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cts-V
    By the sounds of things i may have been the last one on here to get the DMh Cutouts.. Now that i think about it when i did talk to the guy he was alittle loopy . Wonder what happent to the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ny's Caddy
    By the sounds of things i may have been the last one on here to get the DMh Cutouts.. Now that i think about it when i did talk to the guy he was alittle loopy . Wonder what happent to the guy
    If you didn't install and want to sell let me know plz, thnks

Post Christmas, I'm ready to move forward with some electronic cutouts ... I have some ideas of how I want to do the switch, but was going to see what everyone else was doing.

Can anyone provide installation tips (pictures would be even better)? How long of a wiring harness did you need, where/how did you run the wiring under the car and into the cabin and where did you tap into an electrical signal?

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

From my cutouts in front of the mufflers I ran the wires through a 5/8" hole I drilled in the forward-center location of the spare tub. I ran the lines through that and under the carpet all the way to under the driver's seat. I asked for 20ft, but don't think I got that much. Always ask for more than you think you need. I tapped the power wires with piggy-back style clips into the seat motors wiring. The switch is mounted just in front of the lumbar adjust in the left side of the driver's seat. Nobody seems to notice when I reach down to open them. I wouldn't change a thing.
    NCOGNITO and NCOGNITO like this.

LS6Steve is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I've been a big proponent of the DMH, however I'd recommend against them now.

1) It will take at least 6wks for you to get them, if you're lucky. Expect no status or updates during this time, simply cross your fingers, they will ignore you.
    2) The gearboxes WILL strip in time, especially if you use them a lot. Mine stripped in a year of use (used no more than once every day or two).
    3) Try giving DMH a call as a test, leave a message and say you have a "problem". You will not hear back from them. Their 4yr warranty is completely useless because they don't respond, so think of these as a no-warranty item. With their lead times and disorganization, I wouldn't DARE send in my units for repair, so I requested gearboxes, and they initially said they would send them. It's been two months since, and they haven't sent them, nor have they responded to my polite inquiries every couple weeks since.

What a joke of a company.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO View Post
    Post Christmas, I'm ready to move forward with some electronic cutouts ... I have some ideas of how I want to do the switch, but was going to see what everyone else was doing.

Can anyone provide installation tips (pictures would be even better)? How long of a wiring harness did you need, where/how did you run the wiring under the car and into the cabin and where did you tap into an electrical signal?

I put mine right after the cats facing laterally. Sound great there, louder than anywhere in the back. I ran the wiring in through the trunk and back forward, splicing power/ground into the drivers power seat harness, used my own switch that I found which looked identical to the lumbar switch for a nice stock look (can use any 6-pin momentary center-off rocker, and just copy the wiring on the crappy switch they provide) and mounted it on the plastic base under the front left of the seat. The wiring harness was way short, after bringing it in through the trunk, I needed to add a good 6ft to it for nice clean routing.
    NCOGNITO and NCOGNITO like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.