Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have DMH low profile cutouts. I had them installed on the V about a month ago but I've had ...
    Tigger is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Electronic exhaust cutouts, what size and brand?

I have DMH low profile cutouts. I had them installed on the V about a month ago but I've had DMH low profiles on another car for two years with no issues. They are located after the stock cats, along the 45 degree bend sections of the mid pipes before the resonator. No CEL issues. My local exhaust shop charged $60 to weld them in and I wired them up.

Best of both worlds when it comes to having a loud exhaust. Considering the cost of aftermarket exhaust systems, and risk of tickets/police harassment and angry neigbors when you get home late, cutouts are relatively inexpensive.

Mangtas83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

ended up going with the DMH low profile cutouts, got them put in about 8 months ago, love them so far and its great to be able to go back to quiet when i get tired of the loud exhaust however the cutouts are open 90% of the time hahah...Only issue is i do get the check engine light because of the backpressure even though the cutouts are all the way at the back of the car right before the mufflers and way after the cats. If i reset the computer and leave cutouts closed its fine, soon as i open them about 150 miles after, the check engine light comes on...Car drives great tho, no issues.

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

What code do you get with cutouts? I don't get any codes related to anything else except my CAT codes (because I don't have cats)

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Is DHM answering there phone yet or still on business?

Mangtas83 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    What code do you get with cutouts? I don't get any codes related to anything else except my CAT codes (because I don't have cats)
    i think its a oxygen sensor code if i remember correct, the dealership replaced my cats and oxygen and o2 sensors under warranty because originally i took it in not thinking my cutouts were causing the check engine light, i thought it was something else...so they replaced all that stuff and then a few days later the light is back on haha im surprised they didnt deny my warranty and still replaced all that stuff....but yeah, i dont know why its causing the code, i think im the only one thats havin issues with this, when i was researching the cutouts everyone said long as its after the cats i shouldnt get any codes....

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

I get codes as well but I had my headers with no cats installed at the same time so I have no idea where to place the blame.

bjazz69 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Who had dmh low profiles for sale not have much luck finding any

Mn800r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 V Coupe, 05 V Mod'd, 91 Fatboy,98 Ultra classic, 07 Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by bjazz69 View Post
    Who had dmh low profiles for sale not have much luck finding any
    Tried a couple of months ago, no luck either...anyone got any leads? Thanks

GDPossehl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

I had cutouts right before the stock mufflers after a resonator delete and never threw any codes. However, after the header and high flow cat install I did.

TheKid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrahunter View Post
    DMH lo pros. Couldn't be happier. OBX LT headers & Cutouts & stock mufflers.....silent or amazing sound!!!!!

Why on earth would you install them there? Wouldnt you want them as loud as can be like before all the other stuff on the exhaust system, cats.....etc(im not exactly familiar with our exhast but im assuming thise are the resonators you guys all talk about or the mufflers. Wouldnt you want to put the cut out before everything?......mufflers, cats, resonators? Just curious as Im thinking to do this too?

It would actually be nice if these cuts came with so.e sort of module attached to it with a remote switch, so you wouldnt have to run any wires at all. Both the cut outs and the operationg switch would be battery operated with a battery low indicator. Am I asking for too much? I mean it is 2012 isnt it?

I've got the standard style cutouts in the same location pictured above. I also have a resonator delete with an x-pipe. It's a little more grumbly with them closed, but still quiet. I think the headers provide the extra grumble. Absolutely screams at WOT, and I can sit at a light without a bunch of fumes coming through the floor.

NCOGNITO is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V - Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by TheKid View Post
    It would actually be nice if these cuts came with so.e sort of module attached to it with a remote switch, so you wouldnt have to run any wires at all. Both the cut outs and the operationg switch would be battery operated with a battery low indicator. Am I asking for too much? I mean it is 2012 isnt it?
    QTP does make such a thing for $80, but it really only eliminates the switch, you still need to wire the "brain" and cutouts to power. --> http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Wireless/index.php

Debating getting this and installing the QTP low profiles in this exact location since DMH is apparently out of business. This location is a good choice due to the ground clearance and you get the same effect of muffler delete, but still have the CATs + Resonator, so it will be obnoxious, but not way overkill AND as GDPossehl confirmed no fumes with the cutouts at the BACK of the car. Can always to the X-pipe later and eliminate the resonator if you want it louder, but not as loud as open headers. Most people are happy with this as the "best of both worlds", stock exhaust with family in the car and on-demand muffler delete when you want it.

There's a Sticky thread on LS1Tech that has different exhaust examples so you can "try before you buy" --> http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...le-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by GDPossehl View Post
    I've got the standard style cutouts in the same location pictured above. I also have a resonator delete with an x-pipe. It's a little more grumbly with them closed, but still quiet. I think the headers provide the extra grumble. Absolutely screams at WOT, and I can sit at a light without a bunch of fumes coming through the floor.
    Any videos so I can see this in action?

Not the best example, but I'll take some better footage soon.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hDtZduiWjU

TheKid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by NCOGNITO View Post
    QTP does make such a thing for $80, but it really only eliminates the switch, you still need to wire the "brain" and cutouts to power. --> http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Wireless/index.php

Debating getting this and installing the QTP low profiles in this exact location since DMH is apparently out of business. This location is a good choice due to the ground clearance and you get the same effect of muffler delete, but still have the CATs + Resonator, so it will be obnoxious, but not way overkill AND as GDPossehl confirmed no fumes with the cutouts at the BACK of the car. Can always to the X-pipe later and eliminate the resonator if you want it louder, but not as loud as open headers. Most people are happy with this as the "best of both worlds", stock exhaust with family in the car and on-demand muffler delete when you want it.

There's a Sticky thread on LS1Tech that has different exhaust examples so you can "try before you buy" --> http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-c...le-thread.html

Any videos so I can see this in action?
    I want overkill, i want extremely obnoxious,(why not, you can close them if annoying), dont care about fumes at red lights, and I wont let my family in my car......lol....but then again maybe Ill settle for where you guys are putting them for the reasons of check engine lights coming on.

Thats great news about QTP. You wont have to install wires into the car atleast.

So let me get this straight, dmh is out of business or they are just busy and dont answer the phone? Maybe they are just tired of warrantying their products. If possible to get the dmh's still, can you hook the thing up like QTP with the module for remote switch or is that just a QTP thing? Which is better cuttouts overall and can you install the QTPs in the location in the pic with no problems?

Trust me, where I have them it's very loud. It's difficult to tell in my video because the camera's mic is self leveling. The headers increased the volume substantially. The stock cats are practically mufflers in themselves.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.