Quick help on a couple of items-please!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Quick help on a couple of items-please! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I'm on an 8 day racing event (check out another post on "Representing the V community on 2011 One Lap ...
    V-Therapy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quick help on a couple of items-please!

I'm on an 8 day racing event (check out another post on "Representing the V community on 2011 One Lap of America") and need a little help.

1. Got an error code, P0171 during the Autocross. Reader says the the fuel was lean. I'm running a Maggie but have never seen this before. Any experience?
    2. One of my Tire Pressure Senors is out and I can't get into Competitive Driving Mode or even turn off the Stability System completely. Only thing I can do is turn off Traction COntrol. Can I pull a fuse and disable Stability without other adverse effects?

We are on the road all night with little internet but I can get email more easily. Please reply to dennismaddox@att.net if you have some advice.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Quick help on a couple of items-please!

Only thing I can think of is to find a tire shop whenever you can and have them removed. After about 30-40 miles of no reading, the system shuts off and you can get your full range of settings back. When getting them removed, mail them home...

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Yeah, don`t keep the sensors in your car or they`ll still read

Regarding lean code, I`m praying your maggie break a pump hiccuped and didn`t shut down on you. Has it come back?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I was at Summit Point today and met V-Therapy. He's got a full-size spare, with a TPMS in it, so he sync'd with that and AFAIK was good to go on that front. (I didn't stick around for the afternoon runs, but as of lunch time he said he had been able to get all 4 to sync).

He was running hard in the morning, so I have to assume the lean thing was just a hiccup.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

cts-v2k5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

You only had that one code not the p0174 as well? I am running two pumps instead of the magnavolt...one inline and one stock intank....I too am getting that p0171 code...I hope someone can chime in to figure it out...was your car ever dyno tuned?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.