AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost, Red Line Water Wetter Tested
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost, Red Line Water Wetter Tested in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; AMSOIL recently had an independent lab test both AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost and Red Line Water Wetter using several ASTM ...
    C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost, Red Line Water Wetter Tested

AMSOIL recently had an independent lab test both AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost and Red Line Water Wetter using several ASTM tests and a small block Chevy as the test engine.

I've seen the question come up many times over the years as to whether products such as these actually help lower coolant temps. These tests conducted to ASTM standards show that both products do lower coolant temps (at least in a loaded engine where coolant fan settings are not controlling temp) for both straight water and 50/50 anti-freeze mixtures. It also answers a question I see come up in these discussions as to whether straight water is better than 50/50 mixtures for cooling - it is. Note that I'm not recommending straight water, but many track day guys do run straight water.

Also interesting is the added corrosion benefit both products provide, at least compared to those who may be using straight water.

For FYI, I run a 25% Dexcool 75% water with AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost in my 02 Z06 which is only used at the track.

Link to my dealer website with the test results:
    AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost (Product Code RDCBCN)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost, Red Line Water Wetter Tested

Thanks for the info! I'll snag up some of this stuff on my next round of fluid purchases.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.