going turbo 400
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, going turbo 400 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; My builder next week wants to drop in a built turbo400 auto.tranny I am running boost and the 6 speed ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Question going turbo 400

My builder next week wants to drop in a built turbo400 auto.trannyI am running boost and the 6 speed manual just can't cut it. Since i have an 06 i will mate it up with the stock rear at least for now..Has anyone on the cf ever attempted this

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

catch2otwo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS_V

Re: going turbo 400

If your going to take the fun box out of the car, just put in one of these. Then at least it will be cool

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    the 6 speed manual just can't cut it.
    What do you mean ?

Also I believe I remember reading that the auto won't fit in the tunnel.

My V will be a street car but i will also do some drag track runs and the 6 speed does not cut it...Not with 14lbs of boost with a large turbo. I searched and did not find any thread about this that's why i made this thread, to see if anyone knows FOR SURE if it can fit or not...It should be a tight fit, might have to do a little massaging

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

I have 275 Nitto NT01s with 674rwtq and I get good traction in second through 6th, how much power are you putting down?

Cool Re: going turbo 400

Depending on my boost settings and tune and fuel...Right now i have the stock V fuel pump with a KB boost o pump with 80lb. inj. With that i probably will run about 7psi which will probably give me 600+ to the rw....Until i get a decent fuel system..and when i do i will attempt 16psi should hit close to 850rwhp..I bought the Katech clutch and have a good stock tranny and run 285's on the rear with widened rims and new trl. arms, b/4 i put it in my builder says he can put the 400turbo in with the correct ATI converter...I will be running with a single 88mm turbonetics turbo and i need the auto to get a good hole shoot plus quick spooling on 2nd and 3rd shifts.......also still looking for real nice tractio..Do u have any track times or 60' times with the Nitto's:alchi
    thanks Greg

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Havent Drag Raced it since the build, going to chuckawalla next month for HPDE. Will have to go drag it though just to see, would have to launch from second though...

Nice numbers, I bet when that freaking thing spools up it puts the hurt down!

Cool Re: going turbo 400

I'll find out how she runs shortly....

Stepside is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 DTS performance; CowboyCadillac='12 SVT Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    What do you mean ?

Also I believe I remember reading that the auto won't fit in the tunnel.
    Yeah ^^^^ looks like, 'the word is' . . CHOP,CUT, ~REBUILD.
    Take pictures of procedure.
    This will be a 1st. Good Luck Sr.

GREG O.
    On The Tree
    Garage is empty, add now

Sorry guys,,below is a post i just made on another forum...Not real happy about the results, but at least i will finally get my V back..The forged motor with Katech's ZR1 clutch will be put in by May7th..Dyno pulls pending thanks GREG O.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, my builder at FBODYCENTRAL an hr. ago called and informed me that he had a stripped V on his lift and the 400turbo sitting there so he did some measuring placing the auto for fit in the tunnel and he said it could be done but he would severly butucher the tunnel up....So, since i want to keep my interior in show condition, this swap is now officially dead. He is going to keep the 6speed in with the Katech clutch..My V will NOT be seeing any track times. It will be a show and go street V still with plenty hp and tq. but as for racing and breaking into the 10's it ain't gonna happen with a manual...so thanks everyone for all the help...and will be sooooo happy next week when the build is done since it has been down since thanksgiving I think I'll have another ahhhhh

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.