UUC shifter built with knob mount backwards - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, UUC shifter built with knob mount backwards in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by heavymetals UUC has for the most part treated the V crowd like a red headed step kid. ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: UUC shifter built with knob mount backwards

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    UUC has for the most part treated the V crowd like a red headed step kid.

Their real bread and butter is the BMW crowd.

I don't think they would be treated the same.

You got comped something, so whatever.

I am still perturbed that the motor mounts (version II) aren't much better then version I.

The attitude of the owner of the company sucks swamp water (I spoke to him on the phone).
    Quoted for TrooF.

Nobody paid me for the SECOND time I had to install their $hitty motor mounts since the first ones broke. Then, their p.o.s. trans mount stud turned inside the urethane so had to get another one of those and install again too. I have their shifter and bushings which I do love, but their diff bushing I have is just ok.

The ONLY good thing about UUC is that Luke is an excellent buffer when you order their stuff.

Lord knows talking to them directly will get you nowhere and pissed faster than the V makes it from 0-60mph.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

If it wasn't for Luke, I would have been demanding refunds.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Say what?

The 2nd Gen UUC MMs are only marginally better than the first ones?

So these bright-ass yellow things that I haven't installed yet aren't worth the plastic they're made of?

Another "batch." Oh, boy ...
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

You should have heard the lame excuse the OWNER OF THE COMPANY gave me for that foo-pah.

In reference to the first batch of MM's.

I haven't even talked to Luke or anyone at UUC about the second batch that is defective (extension of a bad design).

If they (UUC) cared at all they would have had Luke contact the owners & replace them at their cost and again.

As Lindsay is the only distributor that would have been relatively easy and a world of good PR.

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

UUC has agreed to send their best shift knob ($169) free of charge. Apparently this type mounts universally (either orientation). Not a bad comp I would say, but don't ask my mechanic!

Sell it and get a MOMO.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.