? for you cam guys
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, ? for you cam guys in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have an appt. to take my car in on the 2nd for cam/ headers/ tune/ misc. As I was ...
    a3ritter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

? for you cam guys

I have an appt. to take my car in on the 2nd for cam/ headers/ tune/ misc. As I was driving today, I was wondering if having a cam and headers alters cabin noise and by how much. The V is my DD and one of my favorite features of the car is how well it blocks out outside noise. Let me know what you think. Thankx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soflarick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: ? for you cam guys

Headers with the stock exhaust will offer a bit more muscular sound, but not be very noticeable within the cabin. An aftermarket camshaft will likely have more aggressive ramp rates (you are changing the valvesprings, right), and that will create more valvetrain noise, which will be amplified with the thin walled headers. However, with the stock exhaust, it will be well within DD NVH limits. Just don't change the stock exhaust. It's absolutely not worth it for your application.

a3ritter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Yes, I am upgrading my valvetrain as well. I have already installed a Corsa cat-back, so I imagine with the headers and cam installed the sound will be throaty outside of the car. Again my concern is how loud/ annoying will it be inside.

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS V

The headers will make it alittle louder, but not bad imo. If you swap out the Corsa resonator with an X-pipe, then it will be LOUD! The cam won't make it louder.

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

I just had a cam installed with all new drivetrain components and headers (already installed). My car is definitely much louder on the outside but only marginally louder on the inside. It's not too bad...but I have cutouts for when I want to really get loud.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I have a TSP 228R 112 cam, hooks headers, x pipe and stock mufflers. I also have dual valve springs. Inside the car it's not very noticeable, you do get a good amount of cam lope shake inside.

I have had cars with drone and lots of exhaust noise, and if you keep the stock mufflers you will be happy.

uwood is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    I have a 238/240 cam,kooks stock resonator and no mufflers. I can still carry on a conversation with no issues. Car is very quiet at highway speed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.