PCM for Less
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, PCM for Less in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Is a company that you mail your computer (ECU) to. You list all the mods you've done to the motor ...
    leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

PCM for Less

Is a company that you mail your computer (ECU) to. You list all the mods you've done to the motor and they reflash based on their "huge database of similar mods." NO dyno, just a new computer for $265. Sounds great, if it works. Anyone had experience with them or similar companies? My build is already halfway complete and the local dynos are all "running weeks behind." At the very least I could install the PCM tune and if it doesn't work out, have it dynoed at a later date anyway. My mechanic is complaining that "the computer is too hard to remove." That doesn't sound right to me-I would think that the car's computer would be in an easy place to access because they probably come out a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Re: PCM for Less

That sounds a lot like Brian Herter, who started "tuning" in B-body land. I have no idea of the quality of his stuff for Gen 3 or 4 stuff. But then I'm not entirely sure a mail order tune will get your PE AFR in the right place.

sarverauto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 ctsv, cam kooks longtubes, corsa exhaust pcmforless tune

I'm fairly new to this forum stuff, just bought an 05 ctsv. we own a garage in southwestern pa, Bryan Herter, owner of PCM For Less lives about 45 minutes away and uses our dynojet dyno quite a lot. during the summer he is at our shop almost weekly. we've used his mail order tuning alot as well. Bryan runs a great business, is extremely knowledgeable and is a no bs kind of guy. i highly recommend him, as i said he uses our dyno a lot and we have had no problems with him, wouldnt think twice about giving him a call.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I don't know. I did a mail order tune through StealthV and it worked great but that was with few mods. The more mods, the more concerned I'd be.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Wow! Tough call. I got over 10 responses on LS1tech forum and they were either black or white-no in between! It's very tempting to just slip in the retuned computer and drive away, but I would have NO idea what the motor was doing. Probably best to spend the cash and do a traditional 3 pull dyno tune with an LS expert.

easyduzit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Did a tune through wait4me. don't know if the guy is still around though. they actually sent me a tuned pcm. So when I go to the dealer for anything I pull it out and put the stock one in so it doesn't get flashed or reset

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.