Is this kit worth it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Is this kit worth it? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Would the drivetrain rob so much power that you wouldnt see 500 at the wheels? I came across it the ...
    Jeremyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v silver/tan

Is this kit worth it?

Would the drivetrain rob so much power that you wouldnt see 500 at the wheels? I came across it the other day and havnt seen anyone post on it...seams like an ok price for a heads and cam pack, i could be wrong though...

http://www.rpm-motors-inc.com/produc...-shtml-86.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Is this kit worth it?

Looks like installation and dyno tuning is $1795 extra.

Seems steep to me. Cam/heads/tune/install at my shop is around $3000.

Jeremyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts-v silver/tan

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Looks like installation and dyno tuning is $1795 extra.

Seems steep to me. Cam/heads/tune/install at my shop is around $3000.
    yeah i saw that when i looked at it again...I would do the install myself and then find someone to tune it for me close by. Im sure injectors would probably be a wise investment with it also so your not running high on injector duty...You think this would net 500 at the wheels? Whats your shop whisler?

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

It's decent compared to other outrageous prices ive seen.... put it that way

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

There's no way it makes 500 at the wheels, 460-470 is more like it.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I was thinking more like 430-450 at the wheels. At any rate, I want to do heads/cam/intake too, and the numbers I mentioned are what I would be happy with, as long as the torque was right up there as well.

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I was thinking more like 430-450 at the wheels. At any rate, I want to do heads/cam/intake too, and the numbers I mentioned are what I would be happy with, as long as the torque was right up there as well.
    I was taking their 540 at face value, yours might be more realistic. I wouldn't expect the T56 and Getrag to eat up 100hp. Thus the 460-470, but the original combo might not make 540 either.

blackax is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I would give them a call and tell them what you want to make at the wheels. Charle is a great guy and he can make the power for you. (and he can tune the shit out of it)

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

IMO there is no way unless you have A LOT of supporting mods...even then I still think that is a little high. You have to consider that 540 is right up there with a Maggie and headers...with a 20% drive train loss you would be looking at about 430 to the wheels if this was true, and I just don't see that happening on stock displacement without it being miserable to drive on the street.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyt View Post
    yeah i saw that when i looked at it again...I would do the install myself and then find someone to tune it for me close by. Im sure injectors would probably be a wise investment with it also so your not running high on injector duty...You think this would net 500 at the wheels? Whats your shop whisler?
    I would look at Texas Speed Performance. They have top notch heads and cams.

Check out this h/c package. http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=832&catid=47

With one of their mid size cams you'd hit 450 at the wheels. I've heard great things about the Torquer 3 and the Magic stick.

I use SNL performance in Ft. Worth. Their installation prices are very reasonable.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

depending on how crazy you go on the cam ive seen 500 wheel from gto's so you never know and it also depends on the dyno remember boys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.