245/45/18 front, 255/45/18 rears OKAY? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 245/45/18 front, 255/45/18 rears OKAY? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; No changes. The balance of the car is not way off with 245's all around. To get everything out of ...
    JustinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: 245/45/18 front, 255/45/18 rears OKAY?

No changes.

The balance of the car is not way off with 245's all around. To get everything out of any rwd car a staggered setup is almost always beneficial. Thats really all we're saying and 275's have been a guaranteed fit among different tires. Some fit 285's but some dont without slight modification.
    tweeter81 and tweeter81 like this.

tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 245/45/18 front, 255/45/18 rears OKAY?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC View Post
    No changes.

The balance of the car is not way off with 245's all around. To get everything out of any rwd car a staggered setup is almost always beneficial. Thats really all we're saying and 275's have been a guaranteed fit among different tires. Some fit 285's but some dont without slight modification.
    This post is spot on.

For reference, I have run the stock tires for 11,000 miles, then I ran Toyo T1-Rs (245f/285r) and loved that setup for 15,000 miles, then I ran Toyo R888s (235f/295r) and I really loved this awesome setup for about 6,000 miles, and now I am back to the Toyo T1-Rs (in 245/40zr19 and 285/35zr19). This car does seem to respond really well to a nice staggered setup as I have run a number of track days, all with staggered tires, and have put up some pretty respectable lap times with them. I am going to be switching over to a square 275/35zr18 setup for the track exclusively which should work well because of the increased rubber width in the front and back, and also the ability to rotate tires will be a plus. I will be interested to see how the square setup affects the balance of the car, as I don't currently have much understeer and the car feels great as is. I'm taking a gamble in hoping this setup feels even better than the 235f/295r racing tire setup.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by smashn808 View Post
    I need new rear tires for my V and i have a chance to get a pair of really nice tires for cheap. The only thing is, is that the tire size is 255/45/18. These should be okay on my rears right? The size isn't that much different than stock.

Front 245/45/18
    rear 255/45/18
    Short answer is yes, but add all the points above. If you're strapped for cash and just need a safer ride, yes. Or, put them on and don't feel guilty about roasting them off, if that is the cause of the current pair's demise.

If you're considering these to last a while it may not make sense, and it could look goofy if the tread pattern is different. Are they new? what brand? If good, no issues, and you can get them for a steal(cheap is too much) it could be worth it. You could always match them with a like pair and end up with a 90% new set of tires for a fraction of the price.

I never bought used tires, well, since I was in high school, until my rack took a dump and ate 2 sets of potenzas. Since then it's been a (used) set and a half of those and a set of gen1 hankooks. I'll say, the hankook performance was way overrated (s1 evos), but they have lasted for-ever. If I ever sort this mess out with my steering I'll consider a new set of tires again, probably the latest v12 hankooks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.