What shifter is this???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What shifter is this??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I received my Pisnuoff modified shifter and started tearing into the replacement only to find what I think is an ...
    tshort is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What shifter is this???

I received my Pisnuoff modified shifter and started tearing into the replacement only to find what I think is an aftermarket shifter installed already. Does anybody know what shifter this is? And do these look like stock bushings or are they the poly's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: What shifter is this???

Looks like a UUC shifter.

Stock bushings.

PISNUOFF Guest

UUC snd stock bushings.

Brad1970 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

So... now that you know this... was that shifter really crappy?

PISNUOFF Guest

Try the one I sent you. The difference is amazing. I hated my UUC.

I'm not sure what is causing what I don't like. And I'm sure there's a bit of a placebo effect as well. Let me start with my first test drive in a completely stock V about 3 months before I bought mine. I thought, wow, what a spongy piece of crap. Then as I researched more, sure enough, everyone complained of the crummy stock shifter. Fast forward, I buy mine and supposedly it had only an aftermarket exhaust and a cowl hood. Well, I start finding other mods from earlier owners and start doubting what's really in this car. I always thought that the shifter in my car didn't feel great (I'm used to a much more solid feel like my Ripper in my 2000 C5, TKO shifter, and Muncie 4-speed shifter...all different but none have the sponge feel) but I didn't feel it was as bad as the car I test drove. The throw is a little long, I'd like it a little shorter, and sometimes it doesn't go into 4th very well. But it's a rubbery feeling, not a gear problem, and that leads me to believe maybe the poly bushing will help. I think I will try PISNUOFF's shifter but it might be a couple weeks before I can have time to get back to it. Unfortunately, this means that PISNUOFF won't get a stock shifter back from me as a core. I'll PM you, PISNUOFF.
    I'll post back to this thread (might be awhile) when I get a comparison.

PISNUOFF Guest

No problem. I just purchased a couple more cores. Clear out some PM's, I couldn't reply to your's.

OK, I cleared out my full (10 messages and that's it...seriously???) inbox.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.