Advice on meth kits - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Advice on meth kits in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by tommy compton Meth kits are not just benificial for adding more boost it also helps with heat ...
    Aurora40 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Re: Advice on meth kits

Quote Originally Posted by tommy compton View Post
    Meth kits are not just benificial for adding more boost it also helps with heat soak, problematic with a 112. Personally I've got a 3.3L whipple waiting to go in. While My Iat Temps aren't going to be a problem with a whipple, I still want to go with a Killer Chiller for when I do push it. I have major plans for my build and a KC or even meth kit if I choose instead, will fit right in.
    If I had a maggie I'd probably still look into something to keep IATs down regardless.
    He's talking about only doing street driving, though. Do they get heat soaked from a single WOT blast? Or is the included intercooler not that great?

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Advice on meth kits

Meth is good for IAT and an octane boost, so you can run a lot more timing. The timing thing is a big issue because your screwed if the Meth fails you might get knock. So I wont get into that unless the OP (or someone else) asks about it.

Don't put too much stock into the octane numbers of Meth. Pure Meth is over 100 octane. But you have to take into account that most people don't run 100% Meth, then you need to figure how much of that is mixed with your fuel. In short, you will be running a higher octane (for more boost?timing) but not too many people know what their octane rating really is.

Alky control has the best rep hands down. If I remember correctly, their kit was around $500. That said, I have a cooling mist kit that cost me about $300. It works off boost and I can control how much I'm spraying as boost increases. I guess I've had it for two years. No issues with the kit. Only problem was a wire got loose, my fault.

Heat soak: When I first got the Maggie, my IATs were as just high sitting in traffic as they were at the track, in the 140s. And it's worse if you let the car sit a while and start it up again. Without Meth, the temp will not drop much on a hot day. Driving through the infield at Pocono, after two very long straights (long periods in boost) I looked at my gauge to see my IAT at 114. This was on an 80+ day.

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.