LS9 Clutch Carnage - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS9 Clutch Carnage in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Was it a finger or a strap that broke? If a strap broke, then they must not be able to ...
    lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 12 CTS Coupe Premium/Touring, 16 Volt, 13 911s, 07 Legacy GT Wagon

Re: LS9 Clutch Carnage

Was it a finger or a strap that broke?
    If a strap broke, then they must not be able to handle the torque.
    With factory parts you almost never know if you got a bad manufactirung lot.
    I was about to switch to this clutch, so I appreciate your post about what happened.
    Thanks.

05 Mallett [M]/RPM CTS-V: 522WHP 487WTQ (DYNOmite) | 427 C5R Block | P&P LS7 Heads | Dry Sump Oil sys (12qt) | [M] Oi1 Cooler | Aeromotive 340 FP | LPE CAI | SW 1-3/4" Headars | RT Hi Flow Cats | B&B 3" Exhuast | ACT Twin Disk Clutch | UUC Shifter | RPM Trans Level-V Build | MN6 Geer Ratio Conv | Cryo Treated Diff | GM T2 Diff Cooler | [M] Anti Wheel Hop Kit | FG2 Shocks | SS Brake Limes | Slotted Cryo Rotars | [M] Modified Front Spindles | 275-35-19 PS2 F&R | [M] 19x9 Billet Whels F&R |

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Why switch?

You have to have a car first.

I better be careful or someone will put out a fatwa on me.

PISNUOFF Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    Was it a finger or a strap that broke?
    If a strap broke, then they must not be able to handle the torque.
    With factory parts you almost never know if you got a bad manufactirung lot.
    I was about to switch to this clutch, so I appreciate your post about what happened.
    Thanks.
    The piece that is discolored in the last photo above is what broke.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.