Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bad Ass couplers soon to be a reality

8K views 53 replies 24 participants last post by  killernoodle 
#1 ·
I cant believe this is gonna happen. I got intouch with the guy who made that great coupler i showed you all sometime ago.

He is puttin it through production and wll have them ready in two weeks. I obviously get the first one. But the rest are all yours...

"Thank you for the dimensions. We will be able to make that easily. We have been looking at making one for the CTS-V for a while now. It will look similar to our BMW flex discs but with the proper dimensions. The price will be ABOUT $149.99 with free shipping. It will also come with a lifetime warranty just like our BMW parts. I think we can have one ready in about two weeks. I know there is a lot of interest in these so we will be producing them and selling them on our website. They are Patent Pending of course..."

What got me was the quality, the free shippin and the lifetime warranty.

Look them up on www.revshift.com

Just incase you all forgot, here is my initial thread i started

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...95-i-would-love-gget-my-hands.html?highlight=

See less See more
#35 · (Edited)
Please email me through our website (I cant post links) with your full name and zip code. All of the couplers that have been ordered should be delivered. I receive all emails and phone calls and I have not gotten anything from you. We have tracking numbers and can confirm whether the package was delivered or not.

Edit: I just got an email from you. I will look up the tracking number and email you back. Thanks.

Additional edit: Your package was delivered to your address a few weeks ago. I emailed you the usps tracking number that confirms this.

#37 ·
If you have yet to install the coupler, I'd wait until I post up an update to this thread. I have contacted REVSHIFT over a possible problem, and they might contact you; if you have purchased one. This might be an isolated incident, but just giving you guys a heads up.

#38 ·
Your issue is definitely an isolated incident. There is no problem with the coupler. No one needs to worry at all. Most of the people who ordered one probably have them installed already with no other problems being reported. We have tested the coupler on a local CTS-V and there were no issues at all.

#39 ·
Installed mine with my new Diff from RPM...

Have to admit, it feels great. I used to get a lot of surgin at low rpm due to the cam, but now, its barely noticable. Also i feel when i break the backend loose, it doesnt bang as hard when the tires grip again. Milage, is better and now i am pulin 9.7 vs 9.9 L/100km. There is also no more clunkin noises when startin in reverse nor first.

I have to say i feel more confident with this coupler and am happy RevShift took the time to R&D a proper one for us...

#41 ·
Ok. Worked on the car a few days ago, following REVSHIFT's advice, and found out that my driveline had been misaligned for some odd reason. The weird thing is that it didn't take much to misalign the drivetrain in order to cause this horrible vibration through the shifter. Due to the coupler being a lot stiffer than the rubber piece of crap, my misalignment came to light.

The funny thing is that all I had to do was add two thin washers to each stud between the trans motor mount and the crossmember. So there you have it. If you start getting some vibration after the coupler has been installed, or for some other reason, you might just need to add some shims to raise (or lower) the trans a bit.

On another good note, +1 on all of Naf's info. I also noticed that my shifter feels even more precise with the UUC shifter, but then again, it could be due to the drivetrain being a hair off alignment. Also, my rear view mirror use to vibrate during the drives on the highway so I couldn't really see other vehicles quite clearly, but now the vibration is gone and the mirror stays still.

REVSHIFT thanks for the help.

#42 ·
Your motor mounts are stock or poly?

If they are stock, i would have someone look at them for ya, if they are poly then they may be too low...Lowering the engine would cause the tail of the transmission to be higher than normal, thus the reason behind this question.

I lowered my engine by an 1/8 of an inch, but oddly enough my drivetrain needed no adjustment.

Needed more clearance between the cats and chassis, thus the reason behind lowerin.

#43 ·
I have the CS poly's, but the car drove fine with the stock coupler. I am assuming the rubber coupler would flex enough to hide the misalignment. It was something weird that I ran into.

I wouldn't be able to tell you, or anyone else, if the stock MM are higher or lower than the CS MM. Then again you have to take into consideration the amount of height lost between the two when loaded with the engine.

All I know is that I had to add some shims (spacers) to the trans MM, which raised the tail end of the trans, in order to align the drivetrain again.

#46 ·
So, where does the power go that this (oem) normally absorbs? I mean, what's next in the line to break, now that there is less absorbtion, or maybe it's not really an issue (everything else up to par)...just curious; always wary about making a drivetrain/shaft too strong and not enough give. However, knowing the other stuff they put on these cars, there's a lot of room for improvement safely, I bet.

But, $150?!? yikes...I'm in the wrong business :)

#47 ·
150$ Yikes? Are you kiddin me, this is the best value on the market...When compared to other mods this is the cheapest and easiest to install...

As for give, we still have the clutch, if you balance it right you will continuously ruin your clutch and not your drivetrain, just like on the EVOs. They go through more clutches than any other part.

#48 ·
I wouldn't count on the clutch for much give (it better not be giving once i let the clutch out...) manuals are hard on things, they don't have much spring in the drive line, as opposed to an automatic.

That being said these spacers still look good, still have a little give, but not as much as stock. I want to hear more report of how much difference you feel in the car though

#50 ·
The coupler is a donut shaped insulator thingamajig sandwiched between the rear of the transmission and the front end of the driveshaft. The twisting force of the drivetrain causes the stock piece to compress and allow a bit of slack, or rubber band like feeling. The redesigned one is stiffer and gives less, which theoretically tightens the overall feel and perhaps puts a half horsepower more to the wheels instead of being parasitically consumed.

The pic is in post # 16.

#52 ·
revshift offers this as front and rear? Is there only one or are there actually 2 to replace?

#53 ·
OneFast V said:
revshift offers this as front and rear? Is there only one or are there actually 2 to replace?
There its only one. The front one. I had a little vibration with mine. Although it could have been the drive shaft. Make sure you torque everything down and use loctite

#54 ·
It is most likely the driveshaft if you had vibration. The triangular piece on the end of the driveshaft has a locating pin that goes in the end of the transmission's triangle piece. People say the shaft is only balanced when you install it in exactly the same orientation you took it apart, but this is false. The driveshaft is balanced around that locating pin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.