Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So finally getting ready to install this guy just wondering what everyone did for the intercooler mounts and what are ...
    dowlatij is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX 2006 Cadillac CTS-V

Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?

So finally getting ready to install this guy just wondering what everyone did for the intercooler mounts and what are your guys opinion on what fuel pump to go with, should i even go with one? Not doing magnavolt though haha.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?

No pics (sorry), but I used common steel "L" brackets ... the kind you get at Home Depot ... and I fabbed (cut, bent, etc) them up, drilled holes, and painted them black. They work just fine, but it sure is tight in there for your hands or wrenches.

No aftermarket fuel pump or Magnavolt here. I will, however, be installing a Magnavolt this summer, and I'll be putting three ground wires on it.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Thanks for the info! Ill look into brackets for the intercooler, and I just dont want to starve the engine with the blower! Haha yeah I hear the ground wires are the biggest issue with those things! Are you running on a stock clutch by the way?

Stock clutch works just fine. I bought Katech's LS9 kit ... just waiting for the opportunity to have it installed.

Let me look on our desktop. That's where I have a crapload of V-related pics. I might have some IC pics, and I'll post them up.

How far along are you on the install?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Bracket pictures are in here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...my-04-ls6.html And yeah I would go with Magnavolt and stock pump for now. Of course if you are ambitious and your wallets heavy it would be a good idea to do a drop in pump. I'm sure deedub can tell you all about why we don't though.

Thanks guys! Much appreciation I am starting tonight very nervous and excited to get this project underway!! Appreciate everything n I will figure something out for a mount! Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by dowlatij View Post
    Thanks guys! Much appreciation I am starting tonight very nervous and excited to get this project underway!! Appreciate everything n I will figure something out for a mount! Hahaha!
    You know, with a maggie, you're going to have the performance that the stock NA guys have at sea level.

Hm-m ...

Haha I hate being a mile high!! I would hope for more than that!

New questions, windshield wipers won't come off for the life off me any ideas?

Also the whole pinning the harmonic balancer to the crank what the hell, I'm scared to do that any advice on doing this step?

Also the whole pinning the harmonic balancer to the crank what the hell, I'm scared to do that any advice on doing this step?
    I couldn't get mine off either so I just ground the part necessary with everything attached. Dremel and its no problem.

Its not hard at all. Check out my thread about the right angle drill attachment and its a breeze. Use something to lube the bit while your drilling and go slow bringing the bit out to remove shavings frequently. Also consider buying another bit in case the one you have gets dulled (I used my quality bits after the one I had stopped cutting).

The big thing to remember is that just because the bit is spinning doesn't mean its cutting material. Keep firm pressure applied and ensure you aren't just spinning the bit without cutting.

V-Therapy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

To get the wipers off, put a wood block on top of the intake and put a crow bar under the wiper arm, prying down on the block, up on the arm. But not too hard.Loosen the nut a few turns and hit down on the nut with a hammer. Again, not too hard.

On pinning the balancer, yeah, scary until you do it. The hardest thing is removing the old bolt. Better have a real good air hammer. I thought I did, it wouldn't budge. Had to wedge a screw driver into the fly wheel at the starter. It still took 2 guys and a lot of leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by V-Therapy View Post
    To get the wipers off, put a wood block on top of the intake and put a crow bar under the wiper arm, prying down on the block, up on the arm. But not too hard.Loosen the nut a few turns and hit down on the nut with a hammer. Again, not too hard.

On pinning the balancer, yeah, scary until you do it. The hardest thing is removing the old bolt. Better have a real good air hammer. I thought I did, it wouldn't budge. Had to wedge a screw driver into the fly wheel at the starter. It still took 2 guys and a lot of leverage.
    I was scared of busting the windshield so I just did the grinding while on the car.

Mine wasn't too bad. I had my wife stand on the brakes though and it took a 3/4" breaker bar with a 2' cheater...

... Also the whole pinning the harmonic balancer to the crank what the hell, I'm scared to do that any advice on doing this step?
    Like Cancer said, it's easier than it sounds. Just take your time, get set up with all your tools, get the radiator out of the way, shine some nice bright lights in there, and you'll do just fine. That's the most nerve-racking step you'll have to do.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.