Mystery wire Please help!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mystery wire Please help!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just finished installing Maggie and when reaching around back felt this wire harness...can anyone tell me where it is supposed ...
    cts-v2k5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

Unhappy Mystery wire Please help!!!

Just finished installing Maggie and when reaching around back felt this wire harness...can anyone tell me where it is supposed to plug into? Is it bypassed when using the Maggie? also if you look closely at the bottom left my harness is rubbing on the back belt any ideas on how to safely tuck it so it wont rub? my last resort is zip ties...thanks a million Matt...also pulling a crank angle low voltage code...is that the harness and its not hooked up so maybe that is the low voltage issue? Maybe.....I ppreciate any and all advice

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Mystery wire Please help!!!

I used zip ties for those wires. Lots of them.
    If it's in the back could it be the MAP sensor. It was in the rear of the stock intake manifold, and you should have moved it next to the jack shaft. Just below the bottom of that pic.
    Cant help with the code.

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Looks like the cam sensor.

cts-v2k5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cts-v

I think you are right about it being the CMP or camshaft position sensor...Is it possible to plug it back in without removing the super charger and manifold? thanks ctsv154....

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Should be if you have small hands.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cts-v2k5 View Post
    I think you are right about it being the CMP or camshaft position sensor...Is it possible to plug it back in without removing the super charger and manifold? thanks ctsv154....
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    Should be if you have small hands.
    I don't and yes you can. Also zip tie the crap out of those wires around that pulley. I made some more room for myself by adding a steel braided rear crossover line instead of the hard line. Before my harness was stretched really tight around the blower but now I have some play available.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.