CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Not to get off the subject, but i had my rims narrowed to 10 1/2" and i put 9mm worth ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Thumbs up Re: CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN

Not to get off the subject, but i had my rims narrowed to 10 1/2" and i put 9mm worth of spacing on them and the rims were still hitting the stabilizer bar.. that i think is the biggest problem....When i said torch please don't take me so literally..
    but the freakin drivers side as u know has the patch of steel where the tire will rub..like u said it needs to be cut out and set in more...with a good weld. even with that the sb is the big problem.. I have a shop that can do a 4link probably in less than 2 weeks but i want the irs.... Chris, keep up the good work, and please post more info when u the entire kit is complete...big GREG O.

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN

Quote Originally Posted by jweymar View Post
    Now if you can develop a bolt in application to run 10.5 rims in the back, I will buy the kit!
    i run 20x10.5s in the rear with a 285 nitto tire. you had problems with fitment?

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    i run 20x10.5s in the rear with a 285 nitto tire. you had problems with fitment?
    I havent had mine widened yet because of the dilemma Radar8 had trying with the Map offset arms.

You have spacers? What is your offset and can you throw up some pics or email them to me?

weymar (at) sbcglobal (dot) net

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    You keep saying things like that in every wheel size thread, and comparing your set up to guys running stockers that are obviously a different offset from your rims is pointless. Unless you are going to say what your offset is there is no point in comparison, plus aren't you running a 5 series tire? .

crazybiker51 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts-v, toyota rock crawler with 472

Great price on the brackets max, considering all your time into it, i have fabbed up all my vehicles from the ground up in the past, and have been doing the odd thing to the caddy so far, but for the price you've deffinately got me thinking about an 8.8 now, since the past while i have been wondering what the hell i'll do when my diff goes one day

DMM
    DMM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post

Ok, for you guys out there that want to supply your own diff I will sell just the brackets for $600 + shipping. I have a pretty good feeling that that number won't make everyone that reads it happy. If you are one of those unhappy readers please feel free to dismantle your car or buy an extra sub-frame as I did to mock-up the 8.8 installation. If you are one of those that feel that is a fair price, thank you for appreciating the many hours that have gone in to the R&D to make it a reality.

Another note to the "unhappy readers" that are thinking of tackling this project on their own. At the very least you now know for sure that the project can be done, it will fit.

Operators are standing by, Have a good day to all. Max

Sold!!! I wish you had this available last week when I purchased your mounts. Can you supply the driveshaft adapter as well? Since you stated brackets only, I would assume this part is additional, which is fine by me. Should be able to figure something out about the axles later down the road.

Just shoot me a $$$ number for the adapter (if possible) and I will be on the phone with Christy giving her my CC #'S yet again!!! Feel free to PM me if you feel the need to do so.

I cannot thank you enough for bringing this to market, just as all of your other offerings. Well done sir!

04SilverV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Max,
    I've been following this idea for awhile and I'm glad you made it happen. You mention Brackets for $600., that means this option still requires us to purchase a rear (duh), axles, and some sort of driveshaft solution correct? I just want to clarify that as I would be real interested in the DS adapter and axles as well. Also what is your current lead time for a bracket kit?

John

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

its a good time to be a V1 owner..i love options... thanks Max i look forward to putting another CS product on my car..

CI-V-IL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Raven Black CTS-V

Max, thank you for offering to sell the brackets seperately. Will you also be selling a driveshaft adapter or is your recommendation to have a customer shaft made? Also, what is the solution for the axles? Can we modify either the 8.8 or stock axles? Or do those need to be purchased as well?

Thanks again for you time and effort in this. Finally a viable solution for those of us who dont have an extra $5g laying around.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Sign me up for the brackets Max. Already eyeing up a cobra irs, damn those things are cheap. Anyway, again, the DS adapter would be essential so does it come with the brackets or not.

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

I haven't even been underneath my car yet, so I can't say for sure that this is 100% accurate but getting a driveshaft made for this should be a fairly trivial matter. Cobra's also used the T56 transmission, you should be able to get something made in our length with a T56 yoke and u-joints for a cobra pinion very easily.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

wow this has been a wild read, sort of went the way i assumed it would.
    Quote Originally Posted by jweymar View Post
    Im so glad I bought the one off steel version so I am done with this whole dellema .

I feel a little sorry for vendors on here trying to help an outdated, limited production car.

This is a great product, I applaud you for going through the trouble of developing it.

Now if you can develop a bolt in application to run 10.5 rims in the back, I will buy the kit!

Not the pieces, not the design, but the whole damn thing, no delay!!!!!
    I have to say Max you have put together another product for us and I am grateful. lord knows if you had a c6 and did what you did you might be retired fat and rich by now. I am going to look into to this, i personally like this option once my warranty is up in a few thousand miles.

also jwey if you wanted to run 10.5 wheels why not go with a set of aftermarket wheels. or maybe go outboard with aftermarket wheels and some fender flares?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore07V View Post
    Why do you think I am very happy Max has put this out there. There are about 8,000 potential customers out there for this kit. We all know our diffs will fail, and Max will be there to help when supplies run low.
    just because there were 8k v1's sold doesnt mean that you would see even 10% take rate for an after market part like this. I would be shocked if max, gforce and madman will move 100 of these kits in total. even though we are a loyal bunch... most of the owners are not a performance based bunch.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

wow i never thought i would see the day were im going to be able to do a 4k drop at the track

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    also jwey if you wanted to run 10.5 wheels why not go with a set of aftermarket wheels. or maybe go outboard with aftermarket wheels and some fender flares?
    I have 9.5 HRE rims with a different offset, and I could go out further but I just dont like the current fender flair options. I love the car's lines as they are... I will eventually pay someone to move, cut, whatever to give me another inch for a 10.5 and have my HREs widened to the inside. I am just enjoying the car for now.

kzeliminator is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts-v

nice, I will be gathering parts to do this, creative steel will be gitting my monies

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.