CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Nice... It'll be on the back burner until you get that 122 installed and blow up your current rear!...
    CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Nice...

It'll be on the back burner until you get that 122 installed and blow up your current rear!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN

Quote Originally Posted by CadzillaTN View Post
    Nice...

It'll be on the back burner until you get that 122 installed and blow up your current rear!
    Check my sig
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Lupin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '79 El Camino, '64 Corvair Monza

I have just ordered an Aluminum 8.8 with 3.73, motor mounts, and tranny mounts from Max at creative steel. He is a great guy. I plan on borrowing a friend's lift and making a full video of the install, as well as a before/after burnout.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

plz plz do. I was gonna get the kit a few weeks ago, but ended up getting a supercharger at a good price. So i'm gonna have to wait a little

j_Son is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
    I have just ordered an Aluminum 8.8 with 3.73, motor mounts, and tranny mounts from Max at creative steel. He is a great guy. I plan on borrowing a friend's lift and making a full video of the install, as well as a before/after burnout.
    Second the request that would be awesome!!

GeoffreySather is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-v

Alright, after more work putting my own diff together than I expected ( rear cover fitment issues, cheapo gear whine ), I finally done did a wheel hop free minor burnout and then multiple wheel hop free burnouts on cold and wet streets. Which is where my V always felt like it was falling apart. I always found that with the getcrap shit in the ass end, if I gave it no chance of traction, i'd have relatively non violent slippage, but light wheel slippage and minor burnouts or wet ones, were weelhop enducing, diff breakin' kings. No longer my friends. Everything under the car feels so much tighter, wheel hop during hard shifts is non existent and frankly, she just breaks free as smoothly as I'd ever want.
    The kit is awesome! The car breaks loose with composure and finally feels like a damn muscle car.
    However, if your building your own diff, don't go cheap on the gears. I originally put a Ford racing diff in and some USA Standard gears. Damn whine is as bad as the getcrap, new Ford racing gears are being installed tomorrow, so I'll let ya know how that goes... if i remember. From what I've heard the Ford gears are the most quiet, as they should be.
    On top of that the shop who installed the kit, left my passenger side exhaust tip touching the rear cover and a usless tab on the diff touches the exhaust so I have this strange hallow clunk.
    Immagine how I felt driving home with my brand new clunky, whining rear end.... I was pissed. (This has nothing to due with the Creative Steel kit.)
    With the new gears in and the exhaust not touching anything, I think I'll be very pleased, although I still don't think it'll be as quiet as I would like. But my last ride was an Eldorado, so I'm kinda used to quiet and, I'm a bit of a perfectionist freak.

----------

Oh, one more thing, I did have a bit of wheel hop the other day turning a corner while it was snowing. But it wasn't bad at all, Im sure it's cause it was a icy and wet snow patched road.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

nice!, let's get some more testing!!!!!!!

runsfromdacops is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): twin turbo rear mount V1 CTS-V built 383. 875/860RW pump/met
    I ordered a 8.8 kit from cs a few weeks ago and the parts are starting to show up now. All I can say is I'm vary pleased with the customer service, Max is a great guy and has helped me a lot already. Installation pics to follow.

-alex

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Yeah, i bought the engine mounts from Max and we talked on the phone and i must say that the communication was great..Like other shops Max didn't try to encourage me to buy anything,, just chatted.
    Keep up the good work Max

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Ya, Max & Kristie are awesome. I have the 8.8" rear, Motor Mounts, Tranny Mounts, and lower shock mounts. They are all awesome and I am riding them hard. Talking with those guys is a pleasure and the only problem I have found with Creative Steel is they don't have a sticker for me to put on my car for the extra HP.
    shadybx7 and shadybx7 like this.

OMG!! Usually I hate it when people are too lazy to spell out their words, but OMG!! The new gears are heaven, it's almost freaky. I've fallen back in love with this thing while driving around and only hearing the beautiful exhaust and LS6 melody. I strongly recommend these, they're Ford Racing M-4209-88373 soooo quiet.

Thank you Max for giving us a chance to fully appreciate these cars!

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Good to hear. I'm about a month and a bit away from doing this. What carrier did you end up using? I'm looking at the ford racing catalog.

It's the Ford Racing M-4204-F318 with carbon fiber clutch plates. It definitely locks up better than the getcrap.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffreySather View Post
    OMG!! Usually I hate it when people are too lazy to spell out their words, but OMG!! The new gears are heaven, it's almost freaky. I've fallen back in love with this thing while driving around and only hearing the beautiful exhaust and LS6 melody. I strongly recommend these, they're Ford Racing M-4209-88373 soooo quiet.

Thank you Max for giving us a chance to fully appreciate these cars!
    This is the part number but if you replace the m with an a it is the most quite gear you can get,the m means motive made them and there on the noisy side,its hard to find the A,s but that may be what you have,theres only the part # you have here but it could have an A on the box depending on where it was made.If you have a choice get the A
    Rakenjevnk and Rakenjevnk like this.

ichpen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffreySather View Post
    It's the Ford Racing M-4204-F318 with carbon fiber clutch plates. It definitely locks up better than the getcrap.
    I'd be very interested in what you used to build your 8.8. I'm looking at this myself and leaning toward a wavetrack diff. Just completely lost when it comes to the rear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.