CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; LOL So much for no one ever breaking a GEN 4. I'm interested in this 8.8 Cobra deal... Wcryan, When ...
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN

LOL So much for no one ever breaking a GEN 4. I'm interested in this 8.8 Cobra deal... Wcryan, When you get it up and running, Pics and info is a must in its own thread.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Anyone with a B&B do this yet? Curious about what needs to be done to the pipes.

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post
    LOL So much for no one ever breaking a GEN 4. I'm interested in this 8.8 Cobra deal... Wcryan, When you get it up and running, Pics and info is a must in its own thread.
    Will do. I could not pass up this kit; knowing I can get a complete 8.8 aluminum pumpkin from a cobra for 250$ complete. I'll try and break these thigns all day just for the fun of it.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Anyone with a B&B do this yet? Curious about what needs to be done to the pipes.
    The GForce 9" has to have the pipes modified but I too am curious about the B&B needing cut with the 8.8".

Dunno if this helps at all, but max said stock exhaust is fine. Magnaflow needs to be slightly dimpled on one side. I dont know how the B&B kit runs

cam3439 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

The B&B would more than likely need to be modified since mine sits really close to the stock diff.

shouldnt be very expensive to fix though

Rakenjevnk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Here is a link to a thread with a link to a gallery that has pics of my car with the 8.8" if anyone is curious... and likes links.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...clearance.html

^^^ Thank you

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Hey Greg,

I too had a good time on the phone, hope you get that knock sensor wrinkle ironed out.

I've been contemplating this "warranty thing" on the 8.8 kit that you've been rattling about on this and other threads. Then....there was your comment about a real test for the 8.8 was a 5,000 rpm launch with drag radials. At first I thought "that's crazy, I'm not doing that to my car" then the light bulb came on, I don't have to be the one doing that test in my V, it's already been done. YouTube is full of videos of guys pulling the fronts wheels with an 8.8 in the back. Those guys are running drag radials.

OK.... I am saying this in public-out loud...You can't brake one of the 8.8 kits that we build ! I will warranty every piece of the kit for one year, if you can brake something I will replace it for free. If you blow it up beyond the point of repair, I will refund your money. You'll have a fresh new bank roll for a 9".

How is that for a warranty......Greg ???? you out there ??? I'm callin' you out, time to get off the porch. Get your drag radials, let's rumble.

Have a Sa-Weet Day All (You too Greg )

WE CAN DO IT ! Max

In the link below from AMERICAN MUSCLE, is this the posi unit i would need for the CS kit?? I wanted to buy the entire kit from CS but after spending mega bucks on my forged 402 and upgraded turbo, $$ is tight and have to cut back b/4 the Mrs. kicks my azz 31spline for irs...There is also an Eaton but they are out of stock.
    CONFUSED AGAIN, BUT MUST GET A STRONGER REAR SOON...

can the entire unit be purchased cheaper rather than setting it up etc. parts and labor????
    can a 5 lug hub work with CS axels? and with about 700rhp on slicks should i use maybe a higher gear like 353's??
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-3...arbondisc.html [posi unit]
    http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-373-9904gt.html [gears] do i need an installation and bearing kit??

My pc is acting up. It's running as slow as a Ford On Race Day...so if anyone wants to chime in on this post please do....Just trying to save a grand or two...I will be calling Max Friday after Thanksgiving and he will help me out with his suggestions....I would read more of this thread but it has taken me an hr. just to write this post. Damn this is drivng me to drink........

delvin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    This is awesome! I've been on the fence about buying a V because of the rear and now I'm all in! Woo!

Some tips from a life long Ford guy;
    I'd use Ford Racing gears not Motive as a ton of people complain about whine with Motive especially the deeper gears.
    The case needs a brace of some kind, I have no idea if the V has one but without a brace the case will shatter into bits and wheel hop will also grenade the case.
    The 8.8 is a great rear, lots of 600-800rwhp Cobras running it without problems (braced and bushed of course)

Anyways great kit, I can't wait to get a V and put this bad boy in. It's very cool to have someone like Max making parts for this car. Thanks!

Edit: Ford has a heavy duty posi unit, I think it's in Exploders.. I'll check and repost. It's a nice inexpensive option if you don't wanna fork over the money for a Eaton etc.

I'm confused. Isnt the aluminum 8.8 from the cobra's posi? What's the difference?

delvin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none
    The aluminum refers to the case material. The differential is what I was referring to. The '99-'02 Cobras are 28 spline so the explorer diff gives you 31 spline and a more heavy duty unit.

killernoodle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V --- the RED one :)

IIRC, the explorer diff only gives you one ear on the front. If you are getting just the differential, it won't work with the IRS axles from what I remember.

oh ok. I understand now. We'll my actual 8.8 kit has been put on the backburner for a little, because I just bought a mp112. I'll still have the pumpkin ready to be installed; just gotta save a little for the setup

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.