CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by MotorMounts Sounds good to me, I'm ready when you are. Boost the snot out of it......bet ya ...
    RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Re: CREATIVE STEEL: CTS-V 8.8 Rear Diff Swap BOLT IN

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Sounds good to me, I'm ready when you are. Boost the snot out of it......bet ya can't brake it.
    What if it breaks will u cover the broken parts???btw: I talked to Maxx a few days ago about something else unrelated to the rear which i might purchase, and this guy is a true gentleman....He took a lot of time helping me..an not once did rush me or even try to sell me something...A nice relaxing chat...Keep up the great work, thanks and best regards:RADARB8 Greg

wcryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V Maggied

if I can find a dirt cheap 8.8. I'm doing this.

Max I have all your mounts and they are fantastic!
    Thanks for everything

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG
    Aluminum diff is on my wish list.
    I want the better heat dissipation.

Was it ever confirmed if this system eliminates the dreaded clunks?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RADARB8 View Post
    What if it breaks will u cover the broken parts???btw: I talked to Maxx a few days ago about something else unrelated to the rear which i might purchase, and this guy is a true gentleman....He took a lot of time helping me..an not once did rush me or even try to sell me something...A nice relaxing chat...Keep up the great work, thanks and best regards:RADARB8 Greg
    Hey Greg,

I too had a good time on the phone, hope you get that knock sensor wrinkle ironed out.

I've been contemplating this "warranty thing" on the 8.8 kit that you've been rattling about on this and other threads. Then....there was your comment about a real test for the 8.8 was a 5,000 rpm launch with drag radials. At first I thought "that's crazy, I'm not doing that to my car" then the light bulb came on, I don't have to be the one doing that test in my V, it's already been done. YouTube is full of videos of guys pulling the fronts wheels with an 8.8 in the back. Those guys are running drag radials.

OK.... I am saying this in public-out loud...You can't brake one of the 8.8 kits that we build ! I will warranty every piece of the kit for one year, if you can brake something I will replace it for free. If you blow it up beyond the point of repair, I will refund your money. You'll have a fresh new bank roll for a 9".

How is that for a warranty......Greg ???? you out there ??? I'm callin' you out, time to get off the porch. Get your drag radials, let's rumble.

Have a Sa-Weet Day All (You too Greg )

WE CAN DO IT ! Max
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

D.K
    D.K is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    How is that for a warranty......
    That just made my choice even easier!

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

Need a buyer for my stock 2006 upgraded rear and axles....also thinkin about tracking it gently out of the hole and see if it holds up...I don't get my V back now till next WED....
    54inches and 54inches like this.

Wooter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Well i think im the only one with the creative steel 8.8 installed and driving in a V. I considered everything from the 9" to the viper rear and this really kind of fell into my lap through this forum. I can tell you that for me the choice wasn't only about durability but overall cost. Right now im running it without the new driveshaft that max has been working on. Plus the options for the 8.8 are pretty limitless and when you look at prices its not something we Cadillac guys are used to...CHEAP! I picked up an Iron case for $90 shipping included. I did rebuild it myself for about 500 in parts but that is all new internals so maybe there is some cost involved there but probably insignificant in the overall picture. Something to consider though i think you can get the alum version with the right gearing so there might be no setup involved there

As for durability im sure everyone has done similar research to what i did. What really sealed it for me was seeing an 06 charger pull the front end off the ground. Come on not strong enough? You guys plan on doing wheelies??

http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/g.../photo_02.html

Max has some killer products and this in my opinion is no different. My biggest problem is figuring out what to do for a drain plug...small beans!

You guys have any questions hit me up.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I need to go back and read this whole thread.

Tomorrow.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I thought the kit wasn't sold minus the diff?

9t8z28 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'll take the DIFF. PM me when your ready to sell it. I already got axles.

I'd get this 8.8 kit but it's outta my league for now until I blow up a 4th gen rear.

Wooter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I thought the kit wasn't sold minus the diff?
    I suppose Max would have to chime in on how he wants to sell the kits, if he hasn't already. What i bought from him was the axles(minus the outer stubs), brackets and the driveshaft adapter. I supplied the diff that i setup.

STSNZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS Foose, CTS with LS2 supercharged on propane (in progress

Hi all, I understand CTS diffs have been a problem. Could someone please tell me what is in the 08 CTS (3.6 litre). Is this the same as CTS-V? I have a CTS getting some serious horsepower and something like this 8.8 might be the best beat - if I need it? Thanks

smashn808 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Radiant Silver CTS-V, 6MT

Any vids/info of a maggied V with the 8.8 rear? I would love to see some times.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by smashn808 View Post
    Any vids/info of a maggied V with the 8.8 rear? I would love to see some times.
    You sponsor me and I'll supply the videos!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

built rear v's dont do drag strips...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.