Seriously considering converting to e85 fuel - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Seriously considering converting to e85 fuel in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; +1 for going one step at a time. The maggie will put a sufficiently broad smile on your face as ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Seriously considering converting to e85 fuel

+1 for going one step at a time. The maggie will put a sufficiently broad smile on your face as is especially with that overdrive pulley. If after a few hundred miles or a couple of tanks of gas you want more, then look at the next step. You could always add, say, a 50 shot with a lot less fuss.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

leosul@verizon.net is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CancerJCC View Post
    Oh and BTW call Magnuson directly as a LOT of us got 60lb. injectors directly from Magnuson. They might not be stocking them now but I would push for them rather than waste the money spent on 42's. Perhaps tell them 42's will do you no good and you want their price reduced from the kit? G/L.
    CAlled: Still "no!" and Thomas getting testy about "messing with his thing." He apparently has some kind of inside set up that is rigid because of the price discount. My friend just bought the MP 112 kit directly from Magnuson (yes, it can be done) and his came with a nice little hand held tuner worth $300. I'm told I will not be getting one of those, just a plain box that only holds the stock tune for the MP 112 kit. Thomas has agreed to "credit" me $200 if I chose to delete the standard 42# injectors. I'm told these can sell for $300 new on Ebay. So, as usual, one gets what one pays for.

Hey, corn is cheap out here in the wild west! How about dual set up: one tune for the E85, one tune for the 93 ocatane petrol. Frost performance makes a dual flash computer that replaces stock, basically just an A-B switch. He's telling me that my Racetronix 255 in-tank and Bosch 62 lb/650 cc injectors STILL wont push enough fuel for the E85. Claims I still need larger fuel rails and something called a "fuel regulator" that I've never heard of. There are several people on this forum running e85 with significant HP/TQ gains shown on the dyno. They, too have increased fuel pump output and injector size.
    On another matter-what's your take on header diameter size? I observed a Kooks long tube install 1 7/8 on a brand new Maggied LS6 crate motor yesterday. Installer griping about close clearances, as in touching the steering shaft. He asked me "please get the narrower version if you hire me for your build!" The Kooks he installed were already wrapped in the glass tape, which also makes them thicker. Any difference with widerr VS narrower?
    leo

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Great, let's just keep driving the price of corn up. Buy a cam.
    Sure, corn is real cheap way out west here in Easthampton! I'm trying to tune for gas and e85, store tunes separately. Need bigger pump to supply e85 to motor (got Racetronix 255 in-tank model) need bigger injectors to supply more fuel (got Bosch 62#, 650 ccs from Fiveo) now Frost tuning is telling me the pump is too small and I need larger fuel rails and something called a fuel regulator. There are 2 other guys on this forum running e85 with only the bigger pump and injectors, not reporting any issues (unless you call +50 RWHP an issue!)

Another question: do you see any real difference in running smaller diameter headers? I watched some Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes being installed on an LS6 brand new out of the crate yesterday. Touching in several locations, including the steering shaft. They are wrapped in tape. I'm thinking "why not go with the skinnies if clearances are that tight?"
    leo

Tityrous is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V/12 CTS-V Black Diamond Coupe

What color is your car? I was working out in western mass the past few months. I drive an 04 Black on Black NH tags and Red calipers if you ever ran across me out there...

"Infrared" with the "Cashmere" interior. I bought it in November, still sitting on dollys unregistered in the garage (doesn't mean I haven't driven it a few times, though!)

I think i seen your car one night in Northampton over the winter by Tully O'Reilly's! Sorry to get off topic.

JDB
    JDB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 Raven/Ebony CTS-V with toys

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Great, let's just keep driving the price of corn up. Buy a cam.
    2nd

our energy source should not be our food

Quote Originally Posted by Tityrous View Post
    I think i seen your car one night in Northampton over the winter by Tully O'Reilly's! Sorry to get off topic.
    probably, where you live at?

OneFast V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven Black CTS-V

Hey leosul your inbox is full so I can't reply to your message

blackmnv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven Maggied CTS-V/08 SRX

Me too Leosul...tried to respond to you PM but it said your box was full.

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by leosul@verizon.net View Post
    CAlled: Still "no!" and Thomas getting testy about "messing with his thing." He apparently has some kind of inside set up that is rigid because of the price discount. My friend just bought the MP 112 kit directly from Magnuson (yes, it can be done) and his came with a nice little hand held tuner worth $300. I'm told I will not be getting one of those, just a plain box that only holds the stock tune for the MP 112 kit. Thomas has agreed to "credit" me $200 if I chose to delete the standard 42# injectors. I'm told these can sell for $300 new on Ebay. So, as usual, one gets what one pays for.
    I tried to reply to you the other night but the forum was blowing on speed so I gave up.

Yeah yeah I hear that. Who cares 40lb. injectors will do you no good soon so you had to try! The hand held tuner comes with all of the kits and its VIN specific and only flashed your PCM (it doesn't have tuning capabilities). At least Thomas is willing to work with you on the injectors. Probably because he knows HE can resell them for the 3 bills! haha

RADARB8 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V TURBOCHARGED

isn't E85 from what i read a fuel pump killer

Raymond NH... I was working in Rowe Ma.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmnv View Post
    me too leosul...tried to respond to you pm but it said your box was full.

my screen name is my email address!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.