Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just ordered a maggie for my 05 and can't wait to get it done. It should be here late ...
    blackmnv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven Maggied CTS-V/08 SRX

Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota

I just ordered a maggie for my 05 and can't wait to get it done. It should be here late next week. I was wondering if there are any other maggied V's running around the twin cities of Minneapolis where I live.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CancerJCC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq

Re: Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by blackmnv View Post
    I just ordered a maggie for my 05 and can't wait to get it done. It should be here late next week. I was wondering if there are any other maggied V's running around the twin cities of Minneapolis where I live.
    Cool, post us up some pics along the way! You installing yourself or writing a check?

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

StealthV used to be up your way with his maggied V. Trouble is, he "upshifted" from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th gear and put his car upside down in the snow. He and his wife were okay, but the V didn't fair as well.

Oh, yeah ... glad to see another maggied V about to be born.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I will be installing it myself. Already did the wiper mod and took off the front fascia. Garage is all cleaned up and tools laid out...just waiting on that special package from MagnaCharger. I am taking lots of pics so I will be sure and post. Thanks guys, I can't wait.

vinnievis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Mine is an 05 Raven that was Maggied when I bought it 7-7-10 in AZ.

I drove a couple 400HP LS vehicles (New Vette & GTO) plus 2 other stock LS6 V's before I bought mine, and the Maggie takes the Stock V from Really Fun to Amazing!

You will be Very Happy with the results!

Not sure how many there are in the TC area. I'm in St Michael. They are rare, but I'd guess there are 4-5 Maggied V's in the MPLS metro area at least.

I always wonder how many people drive their V's in winter in MN. I just don't see the point. Salt is hard on everything, and the Ice is not fun to deal with even in a 4x4....

apsitter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good to see some other V owners in Minnesota! I'm down in Rochester. I don't have a Maggie on mine (maybe someday....). I also don't drive it in the winter. I got a good deal on a Ford Ranger so I don't have to. If anyone ever puts together a TC meet let me know, I'll try and make it up there for it.

We're practically neighbors...I live in Big Lake. Drive past St. Michael every day. I don't drive mine in the winter either...got a pickup for that. The maggie should be here sometime next week. I guess Magnason was missing one bracket so they thought it would go out Thursday. I plan to do the install next weekend.

We should definitely Organize a meet sometime this summer. Thats funny that we are that close... I did see a Raven V about 2 weeks ago when it hit 50 outside close to Elk River. Of course I wasnt in mine though... Parked until about April Sometime most likely. Trucks are definitely the way to go in winter.

Good luck with the Install!

I saw one in Elk River last summer. Raven as well. He was at the Shell station off 10. So that makes 3 of us in the area with Raven V's. What are the chances? Thanks and I will let you know how the install goes.

trambow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Maggie CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Raven #3

Had a maggied V now I am down to a stock black raven. You will love the Maggie!!! Makes these cars beastly! I am also from Big Lake, but live in St.Cloud now. I drive the V all winter, I can't stand to not be behind the wheel! : ) a MN meet would be awesome!

Why the change back to stock? Out of curiosity, how was the reliability on the maggie'd V. The only mod I have currently is Corsa, and of course the maggie once it arrives. I'm getting impatient. The front fascia is taking up too much room on the pool table I'm just curious on total reliability once I put the magnacharger on.

trambow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Maggie CTS-V (Sold) 2005 Raven #3

Why the change back to stock? Out of curiosity, how was the reliability on the maggie'd V. The only mod I have currently is Corsa, and of course the maggie once it arrives. I'm getting impatient. The front fascia is taking up too much room on the pool table I'm just curious on total reliability once I put the magnacharger on.
    Was great didn't have any problems with the system! I buy and sell my cars all the time. I plan to keep this one and procharge it next summer hopefully! You will be very happy with the Maggie, tons of torque.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... I'm just curious on total reliability once I put the magnacharger on.
    I'm just over 18k Maggied miles now, and it is nearly like stock from both a reliability standpoint and also from a driveability standpoint.

I still have to install an idler pulley brace provided my Magnuson ... the idler pulley flexes slightly out of alignment during high throttle (i.e. boost conditions) allowing the belt to ride up on the edge of the jackshaft pulley eventually fraying the belt.

Oh, it's a really good idea to always carry an extra belt and a 15mm open-end wrench (better yet, a breaker bar with a 15mm socket) in case your belt lets go.

Can't think of any other issue with my maggie. Took it to V-Day I a couple of years ago ... set the cruise control right at 65 MPH and drove 480 straight miles there and did the same thing back with no issues whatsoever. Couple of summers ago, took the family to my in-laws in Mackinaw City about 275 miles north of here. Set the cruise at 78 MPH and passed just about everything the whole way there, again no problems ... none. Maggies just rock.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I have to agree about there being next to no issues with them. I bought mine out of AZ, and hopped in it, and drove from about Noon on a Fri in AZ to MN arriving at about 6 PM Sat... It was a Solid 30 Hours (Roughly 1400 Miles) straight, only stopping for gas.

Ran Great, No problems even in 110 Desert heat, climbing mountain roads in AZ. (The torque is Awesome)... I always plan on having a S/C car from this point forward...

Trambow... Was yours Silver? I saw some pics of a Maggied V and Im guessing it was yours.. The pics were taken at GoodGuys Motors in Waite Park, correct? (Can you tell that Im originally from St Cloud area? lol...) I saw the Ultimate lurking in the background if that was you... Also, that V is For sale again I believe, except in IA now, with E85 too...

Thanks guys...certainly a piece of mind for me. I will keep you all informed of my progress. My S/C was supposed to be ready to ship yesterday but I did not get any tracking info yet...so maybe Monday. I guess all you guys that are in and around Minneapolis will have no trouble recognizing me. I'll be that 40 something's guy in a Raven V with a huge smile on my face. I've been taking pic's and plan to do so throughout the install. Wiper mod is done, front is off and I think I'll pull the trunk apart today getting ready for the magnavolt wiring. I would go ahead and pull the intake off and radiator out but I'm not sure how that will affect the Maggie tune that I need to do when the kit arrives. Anyone know if disconnecting all the connectors effects the flash tune?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.