Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota

3K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  HeavyH20 
#1 ·
I just ordered a maggie for my 05 and can't wait to get it done. It should be here late next week. I was wondering if there are any other maggied V's running around the twin cities of Minneapolis where I live.

#2 ·
Cool, post us up some pics along the way! You installing yourself or writing a check?

#3 ·
StealthV used to be up your way with his maggied V. Trouble is, he "upshifted" from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th gear and put his car upside down in the snow. He and his wife were okay, but the V didn't fair as well. :nono:

Oh, yeah ... glad to see another maggied V about to be born.

#4 ·
I will be installing it myself. Already did the wiper mod and took off the front fascia. Garage is all cleaned up and tools laid out...just waiting on that special package from MagnaCharger. I am taking lots of pics so I will be sure and post. Thanks guys, I can't wait.

#5 ·
Mine is an 05 Raven that was Maggied when I bought it 7-7-10 in AZ.

I drove a couple 400HP LS vehicles (New Vette & GTO) plus 2 other stock LS6 V's before I bought mine, and the Maggie takes the Stock V from Really Fun to Amazing!

You will be Very Happy with the results! :thumbsup:

Not sure how many there are in the TC area. I'm in St Michael. They are rare, but I'd guess there are 4-5 Maggied V's in the MPLS metro area at least.

I always wonder how many people drive their V's in winter in MN. I just don't see the point. Salt is hard on everything, and the Ice is not fun to deal with even in a 4x4....

#6 ·
Good to see some other V owners in Minnesota! I'm down in Rochester. I don't have a Maggie on mine (maybe someday....). I also don't drive it in the winter. I got a good deal on a Ford Ranger so I don't have to. If anyone ever puts together a TC meet let me know, I'll try and make it up there for it.

#7 ·
We're practically neighbors...I live in Big Lake. Drive past St. Michael every day. I don't drive mine in the winter either...got a pickup for that.:) The maggie should be here sometime next week. I guess Magnason was missing one bracket so they thought it would go out Thursday. I plan to do the install next weekend.

#8 ·
We should definitely Organize a meet sometime this summer. Thats funny that we are that close... I did see a Raven V about 2 weeks ago when it hit 50 outside close to Elk River. Of course I wasnt in mine though... Parked until about April Sometime most likely. Trucks are definitely the way to go in winter.

Good luck with the Install!

#19 ·
I might be the Raven in Elk River you guys are seeing. I picked mine up last spring. I try not to drive it too much during the winter, but when it's relatively nice out, it's just too easy to skip over the truck and drive the V! I live in Champlin and work in Elk River. I've seen a few others in the area too, so it could be you guys or... even MORE of us.

I too would like to someday join the ranks of Maggied MN V's! We'll see though...

Hope the install goes great, and if there ever is a MN get together, I'm down.

Jason

#11 ·
Why the change back to stock? Out of curiosity, how was the reliability on the maggie'd V. The only mod I have currently is Corsa, and of course the maggie once it arrives. I'm getting impatient. The front fascia is taking up too much room on the pool table:bonkers::bonkers: I'm just curious on total reliability once I put the magnacharger on.

#14 ·
I have to agree about there being next to no issues with them. I bought mine out of AZ, and hopped in it, and drove from about Noon on a Fri in AZ to MN arriving at about 6 PM Sat... It was a Solid 30 Hours (Roughly 1400 Miles) straight, only stopping for gas.

Ran Great, No problems even in 110 Desert heat, climbing mountain roads in AZ. (The torque is Awesome)... I always plan on having a S/C car from this point forward...

Trambow... Was yours Silver? I saw some pics of a Maggied V and Im guessing it was yours.. The pics were taken at GoodGuys Motors in Waite Park, correct? (Can you tell that Im originally from St Cloud area? lol...) I saw the Ultimate lurking in the background if that was you... Also, that V is For sale again I believe, except in IA now, with E85 too...

#15 ·
Thanks guys...certainly a piece of mind for me. I will keep you all informed of my progress. My S/C was supposed to be ready to ship yesterday but I did not get any tracking info yet...so maybe Monday. I guess all you guys that are in and around Minneapolis will have no trouble recognizing me. I'll be that 40 something's guy in a Raven V with a huge smile on my face. I've been taking pic's and plan to do so throughout the install. Wiper mod is done, front is off and I think I'll pull the trunk apart today getting ready for the magnavolt wiring. I would go ahead and pull the intake off and radiator out but I'm not sure how that will affect the Maggie tune that I need to do when the kit arrives. Anyone know if disconnecting all the connectors effects the flash tune?

#16 ·
Isn't the maggie tune one of the last steps you do after it's all buttoned up?

I assume you're looking at the install manual, and you're right that you can work around not having the kit yet. Are you checking off steps as you complete them? Silly question ... of course you are! Fun ... ain't it? :yup:

#17 ·
No, actually plugging the tuner in and flashing the PCM is the first step in the manual. I don't see any reason why I can't do it last though. Heck with it, I'm going to go ahead and pull of the intake, take the radiator out, etc. After that, I will have to wait for my maggie to arrive because there won't be much else I can do. It's the weekend and I need to do some work.

I am looking closely at the manual and checking off steps, as well as bagging and labeling parts and taking lots of pictures...just to make sure.

Randy

#20 ·
Got the pulley bolt out pretty easily last night. Had a buddy on the brakes and I used a 25" breaker bar and small cheater pipe. It was actually alot easier than I thought after all the horror stories I had read on it. Probably only 10 minutes to break it loose, and i didn't even need Aleve. :bigroll:

#22 ·
Still waiting... It sounds like they got the missing part in and it is scheduled to ship on Monday. I have everything done that I can without the kit, including the intake taken off. I am actually surprised how easily everything has come off from the front fascia all the way through the intake coming out. I have everything labeled well and bagged..just waiting for miss maggie. Thanks for asking and I will let everyone know when I get her done.:bouncy::bouncy:

#27 ·
I am temporarily part of the group:) Just bought Asanson's silver 05 (formerly Trambow's). It is at Hightech in Elk River getting converted back from E85 to gas. Just made 480hp and 502tq on their dyno and waiting to get a wheelhop kit. Chris's stuff is 2 - 3 weeks away so i am looking at Hendrix maybe but he is hard to get hold of. Will be leaving Minny shortly. Looking forward to some dry pavement!

#28 ·
Thats Funny... I talked to the owner at Hightech the other day. Ive been thinking about converting to E85, and I live in St Michael. I bought mine out of AZ in July of 10. The owner of HighTech said that you removed the larger injectors already.... Do you have any plans for the injectors, etc that you removed from the car? Or did Asanson do that?

Was the 480 RWHP back on Pump 91+ Octane?

#30 ·
I checked and I am still running the 60#s. That is maybe how he got it to work with that much blower RPM. I am actually running a 2.7 top pulley with 21 degrees timing. The 60#s let him tune with lots of fuel so no knock, although too rich for maximum power. I defintely would consider the E85 if I could get it here.

#32 ·
Well, after a month of waiting, Maggie is making the road trip from California to Minnesota on a UPS truck. It is scheduled to arrive here on Wednesday. Apparently Magnuson ran out of a bracket and I had to wait, and wait, and wait. I will post some pics after the install...:thumbsup:

#33 ·
:2thumbs:

#34 ·
sorry to hear about the wait, but it will be worth it! about 1/3 of the way through my install!

#35 ·
Well guys, I just got back from my first test drive with the Maggie! Wow...47 degrees in Minnesota today and it ran like crazy! I finished it up last night and fired her this morning, this is the first time I've been out of the car since this morning! I love that it drives like stock until you step on it...and then that sweet, sweet whine! I truly appreciate all the great info I've learned on this forum...Now I'm off to driving again.

PS. I was going to post pics since I took them throughout the install, but there are so many on here already, I thought I'd pass unless someone really has a passion for even more Maggie pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.