Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Isn't the maggie tune one of the last steps you do after it's all buttoned up? I assume you're looking ...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Joining the maggied V's in Minnesota

Isn't the maggie tune one of the last steps you do after it's all buttoned up?

I assume you're looking at the install manual, and you're right that you can work around not having the kit yet. Are you checking off steps as you complete them? Silly question ... of course you are! Fun ... ain't it?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

blackmnv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven Maggied CTS-V/08 SRX

No, actually plugging the tuner in and flashing the PCM is the first step in the manual. I don't see any reason why I can't do it last though. Heck with it, I'm going to go ahead and pull of the intake, take the radiator out, etc. After that, I will have to wait for my maggie to arrive because there won't be much else I can do. It's the weekend and I need to do some work.

I am looking closely at the manual and checking off steps, as well as bagging and labeling parts and taking lots of pictures...just to make sure.

Randy

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Getting the pulley bolt out will save you some time if you got nothing to do.

jaybob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blackmnv View Post
    I saw one in Elk River last summer. Raven as well. He was at the Shell station off 10. So that makes 3 of us in the area with Raven V's. What are the chances? Thanks and I will let you know how the install goes.
    I might be the Raven in Elk River you guys are seeing. I picked mine up last spring. I try not to drive it too much during the winter, but when it's relatively nice out, it's just too easy to skip over the truck and drive the V! I live in Champlin and work in Elk River. I've seen a few others in the area too, so it could be you guys or... even MORE of us.

I too would like to someday join the ranks of Maggied MN V's! We'll see though...

Hope the install goes great, and if there ever is a MN get together, I'm down.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Getting the pulley bolt out will save you some time if you got nothing to do.
    Got the pulley bolt out pretty easily last night. Had a buddy on the brakes and I used a 25" breaker bar and small cheater pipe. It was actually alot easier than I thought after all the horror stories I had read on it. Probably only 10 minutes to break it loose, and i didn't even need Aleve.

vinnievis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blackmnv View Post
    Got the pulley bolt out pretty easily last night. Had a buddy on the brakes and I used a 25" breaker bar and small cheater pipe. It was actually alot easier than I thought after all the horror stories I had read on it. Probably only 10 minutes to break it loose, and i didn't even need Aleve.
    Did everything come in? How did it all go?

Still waiting... It sounds like they got the missing part in and it is scheduled to ship on Monday. I have everything done that I can without the kit, including the intake taken off. I am actually surprised how easily everything has come off from the front fascia all the way through the intake coming out. I have everything labeled well and bagged..just waiting for miss maggie. Thanks for asking and I will let everyone know when I get her done.

92nsx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V , 07 EXT

another MN V. Im a little north of you, but no maggie, actually looking at selling my V for a STS-V. Maybe this spring we will have to meet up at Porky's.

Porky's, not a bad idea...known for it's Harley's and Muscle Cars. How far north are you?

InfrareV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 CTS-V

Pretty sure Porky's is closing, heard it was bought out by the old folks home and shutting down due to the light-rail.

kjr6306 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, Maggied.

My magnavolt is mounted under the hood. Might want to check the instructions before pulling the backseat as I think the newer version has it mounted under the hood....

nuck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I am temporarily part of the group Just bought Asanson's silver 05 (formerly Trambow's). It is at Hightech in Elk River getting converted back from E85 to gas. Just made 480hp and 502tq on their dyno and waiting to get a wheelhop kit. Chris's stuff is 2 - 3 weeks away so i am looking at Hendrix maybe but he is hard to get hold of. Will be leaving Minny shortly. Looking forward to some dry pavement!

vinnievis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nuck View Post
    I am temporarily part of the group Just bought Asanson's silver 05 (formerly Trambow's). It is at Hightech in Elk River getting converted back from E85 to gas. Just made 480hp and 502tq on their dyno and waiting to get a wheelhop kit. Chris's stuff is 2 - 3 weeks away so i am looking at Hendrix maybe but he is hard to get hold of. Will be leaving Minny shortly. Looking forward to some dry pavement!
    Thats Funny... I talked to the owner at Hightech the other day. Ive been thinking about converting to E85, and I live in St Michael. I bought mine out of AZ in July of 10. The owner of HighTech said that you removed the larger injectors already.... Do you have any plans for the injectors, etc that you removed from the car? Or did Asanson do that?

Was the 480 RWHP back on Pump 91+ Octane?

Quote Originally Posted by vinnievis View Post
    Thats Funny... I talked to the owner at Hightech the other day. Ive been thinking about converting to E85, and I live in St Michael. I bought mine out of AZ in July of 10. The owner of HighTech said that you removed the larger injectors already.... Do you have any plans for the injectors, etc that you removed from the car? Or did Asanson do that?

Was the 480 RWHP back on Pump 91+ Octane?
    I hope not, the car went there for a tune. The 60# are overkill for gasoline at this power output but still tunable. I will have to check with him.
    These runs were on the local hi-test. I thought they sold 93 ethanol blend in Minny. That is the best we can get here which is why I couldn't stay E85. The car made at least 30 more hp on the corn juice and same pulleys which are maxed. The pulleys might be maxed. Not sure but it might be running an OD crank pullley and a 2.8. Bart said 2.8 on top and I think Andrew said it was running an OD pulley too. Will have to check. Either way I was expecting to run maybe a 3.1 with an OD or just the 2.8.

I checked and I am still running the 60#s. That is maybe how he got it to work with that much blower RPM. I am actually running a 2.7 top pulley with 21 degrees timing. The 60#s let him tune with lots of fuel so no knock, although too rich for maximum power. I defintely would consider the E85 if I could get it here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.