90mm Throttle Body on LS6 - New Style LS3/LS7 TBs No Good
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 90mm Throttle Body on LS6 - New Style LS3/LS7 TBs No Good in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I recently installed a TPiS LS6 intake to use a 90mm TB. I used the new style LS3/LS7 (with the ...
    jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

90mm Throttle Body on LS6 - New Style LS3/LS7 TBs No Good

I recently installed a TPiS LS6 intake to use a 90mm TB. I used the new style LS3/LS7 (with the gold colored throttle blade) and consistantly got "Reduced Power Mode" since I installed it. I tried 2 different wiring adapters same results. I took it to True Street Motorsports here in McKinney and after some tuning and diagnostics the problem was being brought on by voltage difference in the new style 90mm throttle bodies. Also, they had seen it before also. I switched to a gen 1 style 90mm like from the LS2 (silver colored throttle blade) and no more problem.

Just a heads up to anyone looking to make the swap to 90mm. I picked up 22 HP at the wheels with the new intake/tb swap and new tune. Don't know how much was swap, better tune or the dyno.

Also, have a new style 90mm TB for sale, give you a good deal....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Re: 90mm Throttle Body on LS6 - New Style LS3/LS7 TBs No Good

I have heard the wait4me can fix the problem with the new TB's but not sure if its true or not. I think I actually saw a post that he maid saying so.

jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

Good info. wait4me can you chime in on this? I would actually like to get my new version back on as it fits better and looks like it is better flowing.

I really wish we could search for 3 letters..... Probably could have saved $500 and I do know how to google search a site, just don't do it for everything. Maybe we could allow LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, UUC or other key words that would help alot.

jaskel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Maggied CTS-V

The tuner I used had the same issue, and he is a very well known LS tuner, seemed to think it also may be an issue with the direction the TB blade opens. LS2 resulted in no problems as well. I also ran into the LS3 tb pigtail connector was really really close to the tensioner pulley, and required a bit of work to keep the wireloom from catastrophe

V-Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, Raven/Ebony; Harley Fatboy; Harley Ultra-Classic

Quote Originally Posted by jpoole View Post
    Good info. wait4me can you chime in on this?
    Jesse is in Bahrain right now, on his way to London - but he'll be back next week.

Brackets is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 V

Doh! I just bought one of these yesterday to bolt onto my Maggie. Hope something can be done to use it. Anyway thanks for the info jpoole, like you I did search and couldn't find much info.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.